Irish Joke

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by Flash MacTavish, Jan 24, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Have you ever been to Kerry - even on a "vacation" whatever one of those is. You'd need to be pissed to drive sensibly there.

I heard him on the radio(gram) at the weekend - to be honest, he wasn't sounding too convincing eg "a lot of people have 4X4s" .... so that's OK then.

Having said that, I do have shome shympathy with him

2. The guys a pratt.

And yes, I've met him. Plenty of times.

3. The Romans never went to Ireland so the roads are shite so probably best to be drunk to drive on them and what are you going to hit? Sheep? Cows? Leprachauns<be careful if you hit one of those.

4. Yes they did, they just didn't think the place was worth mentioning!

British Archaeology, no 14, May 1996: Features

5. You'd obviously believe anything. "It's on the internet so it must be true". The headline is sensationalist, misleading, and false as is this bit:

"The local council for Kerry County in south-west Ireland has approved a measure that would allow police to issue permits to people living in rural areas that would allow them to drive drunk legally."

For one, no county council has such powers. What really happened, which you would know if you had taken the time to research this properly, was that the county council passed a motion to petition the Irish Minister for Justice to:

"issue licences that would allow people living in remote countryside to drive home from their nearest pub"
    Healy-Rae's rural drink-drive permits dragging country back to dark ages, say road safety chiefs - National News - Independent.ie

Can you see the difference between the sensationalist crap that you posted and touted as the "truth" or what the real story is? As Arte et Marte said, the guy who proposed this is a prat and the petition, when it arrives, will be duly binned.

6. In fact, roads were invented in the boglands of Ireland.

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)

7. Doing the rounds with my boggy mates on TwatFace.

drinking_permit.jpg

• Like Like x 4
  8. Um sign and alcohol I forsee an accident

Attached Files:

9. thank you for sharing. Had you actually read the title of the thread, you could have saved yourself the trouble of posting the drivel below.

10. Handbags!