Irish in Afghanistan

Discussion in 'Infantry' started by WildGoose, Dec 21, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Superb,

Lets not forget the lads who are still recovering.

Faugh a Ballagh
  2. Well done the Paddys. Big slap on the back from this callsign.

RIP the fallen & I hope a speedy recovery to the injured,

3. Thanks and God Bless Ireland
  4. Well done the ROYAL IRISH!

Strength and condolences to friends and loved ones of the deceased. Speedy and fullest recovery to the wounded.
  5. Excellent Footage and Quality Infantry Soldiering...
  6. Outstanding video. Good drills with the apple!

Condolances to the injured and families of those who didn't make it.
  7. Good Effort!

Nice to see GPMG in the light role still considering it was supposed to be obsolete 15 years ago! LSW noticeable by its abscence...

RIP the Fallen.

A speedy recovery to the wounded and a Merry Christmas to All.

Ex STAB
  8. The one chap certainly likes his fruit!!
  9. Ulster Regiments such as RUR,RIR and R Irish were always quality regiments.I know/knew them well and served alongside 2 of them.
  10. Excellent video. Bloody good work.

Rest in Peace the fallen. I hope the injured are making a good recovery.
  11. There is a buzz around the publishing houses that they are about to put a book together on this 'tour'. A particular NI historical author was approached to consider the task.
    A good choice as well in my view, he did a cracking job on the RUC book and as his dad served in the 'Faughs' his heart is in this one. So standby, wait, out, for the use of photographs with appropriate considerations of course.
  12. Alas though, no real mention on the recent Op award list for the guys who seved in Musa Qala. Disappointing.
  13. Would hate to go one on one against those boys. Superb work to say the least.
  14. Good work fellas! I've always admired the Irish, when its time to take off the gloves, they know how to get the job done.