Irish Headline of the day

As for the ecumenical issue, Free Presbyterians along with all other non-Catholics, are of course not Christians so their opinions don't matter.
SSE plc (previously Scottish and Southern Electricity, I think) might disagree with that. I've just done a job application for them this afternoon and in the non-compulsory but you'd better fill it in Equalities and Diversity part of the application there is a bit for religion. One option is Roman Catholic. Another is Christian. There was no option for Protestant.

Company head office is in Perth. Make of that what you will.

Please enlighten us. We Saxon Huns from England got over our Religious wars four hundred years ago, unlike you Celts. The only Catholics we burn these days is a bloke called 'Guy' on 5th November for some reason.

Please enlighten us. We Saxon Huns from England got over our Religious wars four hundred years ago, unlike you Celts. The only Catholics we burn these days is a bloke called 'Guy' on 5th November for some reason.
Born in County Durham. Currently living in Dorset. I'm not sure that I'm a Celt, although when I don't shave there used to be the odd ginger tuft, although fortunately they were the first bits to go grey. That my be down to an Irish immigrant when the buggers came over to work in the pits and undercut the locals 150 years ago, but other than that I'm English.

BTW, what are 'Free Presbyterians'? Are they one of those protestant cults?
Take your pick
Presbyterianism is represented in Ireland by:
the Presbyterian Church in Ireland,
the Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland,
the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster,
the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland and the
Evangelical Presbyterian Church.

Guess which one was formed in 1951 when the founder was nearly sacked from one of the others?

You Saxon Huns never really had religious wars. You came to these islands as Pagans, and you remained Pagans. There was merely a short period of a few hundred years when you masqueraded as Christians.

SSE plc (previously Scottish and Southern Electricity, I think) might disagree with that. I've just done a job application for them this afternoon and in the non-compulsory but you'd better fill it in Equalities and Diversity part of the application there is a bit for religion. One option is Roman Catholic. Another is Christian. There was no option for Protestant.

Perth isn't a particularly Protestant City, despite John Knox having kicked things off there. It was a Jacobite town during the rebellions, and has a large proportion of RC and Episcopalians (same thing to me) even now.

Take your pick
Presbyterianism is represented in Ireland by:
the Presbyterian Church in Ireland,
the Non-subscribing Presbyterian Church of Ireland,
the Free Presbyterian Church of Ulster,
the Reformed Presbyterian Church of Ireland and the
Evangelical Presbyterian Church.

Guess which one was formed in 1951 when the founder was nearly sacked from one of the others?
I have absolutely no idea. Why didn't they just stop all that nonsense and come home to the true Church?

I have absolutely no idea. Why didn't they just stop all that nonsense and come home to the true Church?
Who cares? They are all prominent whack jobs in a Province full of whack jobs.

The Church is a bastion of hope and reason in that forsaken province. If only they turned to Christ, they might be inspired to create a better way of life.
The Church is a ******* fantasy which has caused most of the problems in the Province.

ugly

LE
The Church is a bastion of hope and reason in that forsaken province. If only they turned to Christ, they might be inspired to create a better way of life.
I think that religion has been the problem, perhaps if it was made illegal it would be a more peaceful place?

The Church is a ******* fantasy which has caused most of the problems in the Province.
Oh, ye of little faith and understanding! The Apostolic Church was given to us by Jesus, who established it on the rock that was St. Peter. May the Deposit of Faith be passed onto all generations to come.

Latest Threads