Irish Headline of the day

On the other hand, Scotland through it's historic fiscal mismanagement, would be able to subvert the stability of the pound. Scotxit, hard border is the only option.
Ironically if an independent Scotland did keep the pound then they would have to use English pound notes and get rid of the current Scottish ones as there is no way the Bank of England would allow a foreign country to print Sterling.

Ironically if an independent Scotland did keep the pound then they would have to use English pound notes and get rid of the current Scottish ones as there is no way the Bank of England would allow a foreign country to print Sterling.
We could charge them £1.50 for each £1.00.

Nothing to do with a headline or a story but sort of relevant. I may have allegedly entered the the ROI illegally when I was driving down from NI to Dublin, as I was driving down, I realized, allegedly, oops, I didn't have my passport. And I wasn't a UK citizen at the time.

Wow, did you give the freedom fighters a few dollars?

Only way. Salmond, The Dear Racist, was very enthusiastic about staying in the EU, importing an indecent number of immigrants and dumping them across the boarder into England.
He gave 16 year old Roma the chance to vote but not 40 year soldiers posted out of Scotland. Have another vote for the whole of the UK I say

He gave 16 year old Roma the chance to vote but not 40 year soldiers posted out of Scotland. Have another vote for the whole of the UK I say
Yes and no. His party sponsored a bill which extended the vote to 16 year olds who met the other criteria for franchise laid out in the Representation of the People Act (1983). This same act also dictated who could vote where and when and exclusion was based solely on this Act.

Eligibility to vote is based on the franchise at Scottish Parliament and local government elections (which is set out in section 2 of the 1983 Act).

There are 72 different languages spoken in Ireland and each of these languages has at least 500 speakers living in Ireland. The census includes 135,895 Polish speakers, 54,948 French speakers, 36,683 Romanian speakers, 35,362 Lithuanian speakers, 32,405 Spanish speakers, 28,331 German speakers, 21,707 Russian speakers, 20,833 Portuguese speakers, 17,584 Chinese speakers, 16,072 Arabic speakers and 14,505 Italian speakers.

The declaration that Irish is the official language of the Republic is a joke and has never served any purpose other than sticking two fingers up to the English.
It has served lots of purposes; my favourite being being able to insult English people in their presence

It has served lots of purposes; my favourite being being able to insult English people in their presence
I find that English people don't understand me when I speak English at Warp Speed Tipperary. One English chap was so confused that he thought a friend of mine and I were speaking Irish. We assured him that it was the Queen's Béarla but he still seemed confused.

Scottish notes are not legal tender apparently.

Not quite the same thing is it. Most Gardai are unarmed anyway.
You did forget the fada in Gardaí , still better that spelling it without the "r" as gadaí ;)

I find that English people don't understand me when I speak English at Warp Speed Tipperary. One English chap was so confused that he thought a friend of mine and I were speaking Irish. We assured him that it was the Queen's Béarla but he still seemed confused.
I was talking to one of our Fire Control girls, after a while I asked her which part of Ireland she was from. She said "Kerry", I said "That's amazing, I can understand what you are saying".

Scottish notes are not legal tender apparently.
Funny you say that - I had just come back from Edinburgh back to London and went to the post office trying to mail something, went to the counter and was trying to pay by cash as I had a few notes from the trip, the lady behind the counter sees they are Bank of Scotland notes and says, "do you want to hand them over dear? I will exchange them for some real English money. People don't really accept them around here!" I had a massive chuckle. My first exposure to the varying currency laws in the UK!

Latest Threads