Irish Headline of the day

ugly

LE
Don't come to London
Actually not all hangmen are successful and in the world of armed flatfootery some are more successful than others, when the London tube bombers were chased to brim and arrested the mets firearms mob denounced wmp's use of tasers! Can't prosecute a dead person!

Nothing to do with a headline or a story but sort of relevant. I may have allegedly entered the the ROI illegally when I was driving down from NI to Dublin, as I was driving down, I realized, allegedly, oops, I didn't have my passport. And I wasn't a UK citizen at the time.

Put it like this. If you have armed police and the death penalty you are going to mistakenly kill twice as many people as just having armed police and no death penalty.
There is no real justification for that claim, and how many innocent people are going to die because without the death penalty criminals thinking killing is a good penalty/reward scenario. It's all very muddy waters if you try and look for any actual numbers to 'prove' any specific idea.

Nothing to do with a headline or a story but sort of relevant. I may have allegedly entered the the ROI illegally when I was driving down from NI to Dublin, as I was driving down, I realized, allegedly, oops, I didn't have my passport. And I wasn't a UK citizen at the time.

Relax! It's Co. Louth not Texas!

Forgive my anglophonic colonialist attitude though!
There are 72 different languages spoken in Ireland and each of these languages has at least 500 speakers living in Ireland. The census includes 135,895 Polish speakers, 54,948 French speakers, 36,683 Romanian speakers, 35,362 Lithuanian speakers, 32,405 Spanish speakers, 28,331 German speakers, 21,707 Russian speakers, 20,833 Portuguese speakers, 17,584 Chinese speakers, 16,072 Arabic speakers and 14,505 Italian speakers.

The declaration that Irish is the official language of the Republic is a joke and has never served any purpose other than sticking two fingers up to the English.

......The declaration that Irish is the official language of the Republic is a joke and has never served any purpose other than sticking two fingers up to the English.
Sounds as good a reason as any to me or should I say féadann sé cúis mhaith liomsa a aimsiú

Ireland can do what it wants as far as the EU is concerned. However my personal opinion is that it should leave the Euro and go back to the Punt. At least then you can set your own interest rates to the requirements of the Irish economy and not have them set by the Germans, who are almost certainly not on the same economic cycle. Ireland would still have boom and bust, but not to the extremes that you have had since joining the Euro.

It did make me laugh that during the Scottish Independence referendum the SNP said that Scotland would keep the pound. That would be the Pound Sterling, where interest rates would be set by the Bank of England with no regards for the needs of an independent Scotland.

Apologies for the thread drift.

It did make me laugh that during the Scottish Independence referendum the SNP said that Scotland would keep the pound. That would be the Pound Sterling, where interest rates would be set by the Bank of England with no regards for the needs of an independent Scotland.

Apologies for the thread drift.
On the other hand, Scotland through it's historic fiscal mismanagement, would be able to subvert the stability of the pound. Scotxit, hard border is the only option.

On the other hand, Scotland through it's historic fiscal mismanagement, would be able to subvert the stability of the pound. Scotxit, hard border is the only option.
A hard financial border?

Latest Threads