Irish Headline of the day

Foster slams US mayor's award that pays tribute to McGuinness's 'military service' Foster slams US mayor's award that pays tribute to McGuinness's 'military service'

I wonder what rank he had and did he have enough service for the pension?
Who's army ? If he truly believed in a united Ireland, then there's only one army he could join ( as if they'd have him ), but he didn't.
No, rather than join a uniformed body with a mandate from the elected government of the RoI, he joined a terrorist organisation accountable to none. What service was that ?

Who's army ? If he truly believed in a united Ireland, then there's only one army he could join ( as if they'd have him ), but he didn't.
No, rather than join a uniformed body with a mandate from the elected government of the RoI, he joined a terrorist organisation accountable to none. What service was that ?
SF (up until in 1986) and the IRA didn’t/don’t recognise the Irish State (as it exists today) or its institutions.

They only recognise(d) the Irish Republic declared in 1916, not the Irish Free State founded in 1922 or the Republic of Ireland of 1949.

They don’t recognise our courts, Government or Defence Forces.

The DF traces itself back as far as 1913 and the foundation of the Irish Volunteers as those the IRA. They were the same Organisation until the 1922 Treaty when the National Army was formed.

The official name of the DF is Oghlaigh na hEireann, the same name the IRA claims. As far as the IRA is concerned they are the only legitimate army.

Obviously I extremely strongly disagree with their claim but this is the explanation

SF (up until in 1986) and the IRA didn’t/don’t recognise the Irish State (as it exists today) or its institutions.

They only recognise(d) the Irish Republic declared in 1916, not the Irish Free State founded in 1922 or the Republic of Ireland of 1949.

They don’t recognise our courts, Government or Defence Forces.

The DF traces itself back as far as 1913 and the foundation of the Irish Volunteers as those the IRA. They were the same Organisation until the 1922 Treaty when the National Army was formed.

The official name of the DF is Oghlaigh na hEireann, the same name the IRA claims. As far as the IRA is concerned they are the only legitimate army.

Obviously I extremely strongly disagree with their claim but this is the explanation
Oh well, that’s ok Then, as An Englishman I don’t accept the way devolution works, now which pub should I blow up? Whatever the explanation it’s crap. Not having a pop at your good self.

I was being facetious but this 'award' is indicative of a shocking lack of verification; a bit like awarding Osama Bin Laden for services to the Aviation industry.