Irish Headline of the day

Everyone knows Catholics are the real Christians.
Catholics Official Christians
Anglican Provisional Christians
Presbyterians Continuity Christians

Sub-divide the latter categories ad-infinitum, I have no clue about the 57 varieties.

Joshua Slocum

LE
Book Reviewer

My wife had a copy of this, that some Irish Wit had altered wanting the 30K visitors to stay here in Cheltenham
seems fine to us, they are never a problem, and it improves the general sniffy tone of the Town

OneTenner

War Hero
Book Reviewer
cos he tried to blow up a scots King :mrgreen: . Do fer me.
Fawkes was a Yorkshireman, his ancestors were part of the Yorkshire Militia that defeated the Scots at the battle of Northallerton - eventually we came round to the idea of paying the Scots to fight themselves.... Once they got used to the idea of English officers, we paid them to go Celt-on-Celt in Ireland.

Fawkes was a Yorkshireman, his ancestors were part of the Yorkshire Militia that defeated the Scots at the battle of Northallerton - eventually we came round to the idea of paying the Scots to fight themselves.... Once they got used to the idea of English officers, we paid them to go Celt-on-Celt in Ireland.
Lowland Scots were quite happy to fight under the Duke of Cumberland at Culloden. He was so successful that they named a sausage after him. I wonder if that is why his nickname amongst the Scots was 'Butcher Cumberland'.

Last edited:

Thinking ahead to the the mighty army that will be Generation Covid19.

Mass cancelled in Ireland UFN apperentley... :rolleyes: :rofl:
First they took away our Peace Be With You handshake.
Then they said we couldn't have Holy Communion.
Now they're cancelling Confirmations, weddings and limiting funerals to family members only.
The Bástards.

Any more and you will end up as Protestants.
Even Left-Footers bury their dead. Or so I've been told.

Actually as I was bringing one of the residents where I work to the church the other day there was a funeral in the Protestant church and one in the Catholic church at the same time. We couldn't get in anyway but I was thinking of the coincidence and that Captain Trips is an equal opportunities plague. But it turned out the man was a Catholic getting planted in the Protestant cemetery. Or more accurately the graveyard adjoining the Protestant church. These days an unusual but not unheard of event.

You may laugh now but it'll come to that sooner than we think. Mind, that red soutane the Altar Boy was wearing is a bit Protestant-looking. The sort of thing you'd see in a church where the hymns are accompanied by a hippy playing a guitar and they sing Give me Joy in My Heart and Be Not Afraid. It may be Catholicism but it's not Irish Catholicism.

Oh so that's why the English get it in the neck, it's not that they hate us, they're just envious they didn't think of it first. But wait they did, Irish and Scots officers found employment elsewhere- like Europe in the thirty years war. ETA knowing Northallerton, it's no wonder they use the environs for training-or used to.

Even Left-Footers bury their dead. Or so I've been told.

Actually as I was bringing one of the residents where I work to the church the other day there was a funeral in the Protestant church and one in the Catholic church at the same time. We couldn't get in anyway but I was thinking of the coincidence and that Captain Trips is an equal opportunities plague. But it turned out the man was a Catholic getting planted in the Protestant cemetery. Or more accurately the graveyard adjoining the Protestant church. These days an unusual but not unheard of event.
Cue Dave Allen in the rival funeral cortege. F'kin Hilarious

Latest Threads