• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Irish Guards RSM

Talking to a fella in BATUK, who's transferring out of his Battalion (1IG) to mine, as he says he'll never be RSM as the Battalion only has Irish or N Irish RSM's!!!

The fella was a bit of a bloater and I wasn't convinced does any one know of any truth in this

Thanks in advance

The monarch is head of all the Commonwealth realms but 'must be' English.

Talking to a fella in BATUK, who's transferring out of his Battalion (1IG) to mine, as he says he'll never be RSM as the Battalion only has Irish or N Irish RSM's!!!

The fella was a bit of a bloater and I wasn't convinced does any one know of any truth in this

Thanks in advance
It's BO---KS! It used to be true, but there have been several non-Irish born RSMs in recent years. I can name at least 3 if I have to, and it's more than that.

He's probably a drag on the ration roll!!!

Used to be the same in the Scots Guards as well. Doubt it is true nowadays.

Thought Irish guards were all scousers.,,

Posted from the ARRSE Mobile app (iOS or Android)
I was going to say, if you had to be Irish to be the RSM, then it's a good career path as must be 60% of IG are from Liverpool (or Birkenhead)

ugly

LE
If a decent bunch of the Irish Guards are Scousers, does the crime rate spike where they are based?
Armed robbery went up in Munster with micks involved!