Irish Guards or Parachute Regiment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone.

I am from the south of Ireland and I am interested in joining the British Army. I am looking at either the Irish Guards or the Parachute Regiment.

My fitness isn't up to standard yet, but I was wondering if I could get some information on the life of an Irish Guard and of a Para? What do they do? What is guard duty like and how often do the Irish Guards stand guard? And what do they do when they aren't on guard?

Thank you.

To be honest mate, reading your post I would recommend the RAF Regiment, they don't do any guards at all (and believe me you really don't want to do any guards) and they have the same cachet to those that know, as your two choices, only better food and a nicer uniform. Hope this helps

(and believe me you really don't want to do any guards)
What if he enjoys polishing boots for hours on end, standing stock still, putting up with tourists and wants to overheat on Summer?

Hello everyone.

I am from the south of Ireland and I am interested in joining the British Army. I am looking at either the Irish Guards or the Parachute Regiment.

My fitness isn't up to standard yet, but I was wondering if I could get some information on the life of an Irish Guard and of a Para? What do they do? What is guard duty like and how often do the Irish Guards stand guard? And what do they do when they aren't on guard?

Thank you.
https://www.arrse.co.uk/community/t...ll-job-selection-related-chat-in-here.262020/

You're welcome.

On ROPS
On ROPs
Yacked around everyday for hours at a time or do a lot of phys and have your mind-set steadily altered to hate anyone not 'meat and veg?'

Not much of a choice is it?

As mentioned above try to join the RAF (not RAF Reg) and get a trade: decent scoff, single man accommodation, some women without bergan arses and live in a trackie more often than not (if you play any sort of sport).

No call for getting yacked around/bulling boots or inapte civile / carrying heavy weights for long distances/ jumping out of aircraft in the real world.

Think ahead mate.

And no, being around people and being their entertainment doesn't appeal to me, which is why I was wondering if there was more to it than just that, so I could decide

What about the Royal Irish?
Been told basically the same as above, don't bother because it's shite. Apparently there is something still eating them about the Irish and English fighting with each other over a hundred years ago.

I don't know much about them either.

Status
Not open for further replies.