Irish Guards Beer

Discussion in 'Christmas Auctions' started by Grownup_Rafbrat, Nov 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Grownup_Rafbrat

Grownup_Rafbrat LE Good Egg (charities)

Who would have thought it? The Irish Guards have parted with some Beer! In this auction you may bid for a bottle of commemorative beer from the Queen's Birthday Parade of 2009. It's also named after Harry Robertshaw.

7159 Private Harry Robertshaw, Irish Guards, who was killed during the First World War. His parting words to his
    sister before leaving England for the front line, after recovering from wounds, were "buy my friends a drink". A bequest in his memory received in 1986, to be used for fun, has enabled the Regiment to fulfil his wish. It is used to
    subsidise social functions such as St Patrick's Day in the Battalion. A specific request from his sister is that, at the discretion of the Regimental Lieutenant Colonel, those who participate in the Sovereign's Birthday Parade should be
    eligible as friends. The Quartermaster proposes a toast to his memory at lunch in the cookhouse on St Patrick's Day. This was done after Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother and the Colonel of the Regiment had left the room.
    7159 Private H. Robertshaw was killed when serving with the 2nd Battalion Irish Guards, during the stages of the German breakthrough 28th March 1918

The lot includes postage to UK address - not BFPO sorry.

The auction will run until
    Friday, 7th December at 1800 hours (UK Time)

All proceeds to Holidays4Heroes.
    By bidding or taking part in the auctions in any way, you agree to abide by the Auction Rules.​

Attached Files:

2. I am not an alcoholic I just...well £20.

3. Grownup_Rafbrat

Thank you rockpile. Great start!

4. Grownup_Rafbrat

Please note changed end time - the first batch of Christmas auctions will end at 1800 hours tomorrow 7th December.

Thank you.

5. It's a bit late for me to bid with the usual Mockney twaddle, so put me in for £25.

Sent from my HTC Desire S using ARRSE mobile app

6. Grownup_Rafbrat

[URL="http://www.tab1.de/gfx/arrse/hammer.jpg%5b/IMG"]http://www.tab1.de/gfx/arrse/hammer.jpg[/IMG[/URL]]

[B]Congratulations and thank you smokerjim. [/B]

[B][B]For £25 this lovely lot is yours. [/B]
    [B]Thank you for supporting Holidays for Heroes.[/B][/B]

[U]Please transfer the money to:[/U]

[B][B]Bank: Holidays4heroes[/B]
    [B]HSBC[/B]
    [B]Sort: 40-12-09[/B]
    [B]Acct: 41416081[/B]

[B]IBAN: GB29MIDL40120941416081[/B]
    [B]Swift: MIDLGB2120G[/B][/B]

Please PM me confirmation details of the payment and let me know where I should send the parcel.

If you’d like to use PayPal, please use shopgirl’s account [EMAIL="rb0@live.co.uk"]rb0@live.co.uk[/EMAIL]. She will pass the money to us.