Irish general election

Irish tax law has been made even more friendly to cross-border tax evasion. It has provided for an environment that is far more opaque than was the case (where sharing company tax data, for example, between revenue and the central bank is a criminal act). It has been specifically designed to encourage and enhance cross-border tax evasion. To suggest otherwise would show a total lack of understanding of tax structuring.
Central Bank has no role in taxation

which is why Ireland is leading the OECD reforms of worldwide tax

Ireland is not to blame for other countries failings in regard to tax law. Our own yes

Central Bank has no role in taxation

which is why Ireland is leading the OECD reforms of worldwide tax

Ireland is not to blame for other countries failings in regard to tax law. Our own yes
You're either an utter fool, or your are purposefully obfuscating.

Do you understand how central banks function, and the need for data on income and expenditure. Indeed, your central bank's mandate is to:

"...serve the public interest by safeguarding monetary and financial stability and by working to ensure that the financial system operates in the best interests of consumers and the wider economy."

Do you not think that the quantum of taxation income might be relevant?

As for Ireland "leading OECD reforms of taxation worldwide", that is Orewllian in its duplicity. It's akin to asking Labour to arrange and manage Holocaust memorial day, i.e. an utter ******* joke.

Ireland is, indeed, "to blame" for other countries tax laws, insofar as other nations have had to alter their tax law to counter Ireland's extremely aggressive tax structuring laws. Do you believe the EU is seeking to change tax law for the fun of it?

You really need to get a grip, and actually study what is going on in your country. Matters that you endlessly defend, and yet are in fact indefensible. Unsurprisingly, I expect no better.

Last edited:
Taoiseach sacked a Minister after only 17 days in office over a drink driving offence in 2016

there are various things going around about it
Martin was possibly painted into a corner by his partners in government. He cannot have wanted to sack Cowan, who after all comes from a high-profile FF family. I think Martin made a few enemies in sacking Cowan, has alienated the constituency and confirmed in the minds of the old school FFers that coalition with The Blueshirts was a mistake. This government is only three weeks old and already limping like a gut-shot Mallard.

Martin was possibly painted into a corner by his partners in government. He cannot have wanted to sack Cowan, who after all comes from a high-profile FF family. I think Martin made a few enemies in sacking Cowan, has alienated the constituency and confirmed in the minds of the old school FFers that coalition with The Blueshirts was a mistake. This government is only three weeks old and already limping like a gut-shot Mallard.
But he now has a Minister for the west as a result

From the outside looking in, a coalition involving a rotating leadership appointment was always going to end in tears. Do you think there will be an early election called ?

From the outside looking in, a coalition involving a rotating leadership appointment was always going to end in tears. Do you think there will be an early election called ?
I think so. There was a lot of dissent in the three parties to the coalition anyway. And it's off to a really bad start since a lot of senior people who thought they'd get a ministry were disappointed and then the opposition got to wheel out a bit of dirty laundry within days of the government taking office. I can see another GE before Christmas.
But he now has a Minister for the west as a result
The voters from Offaly must be thrilled. :D

there was a leadership challenge underway in the Green Party at the time the Government was agreed. The incumbent was pro joining the coalition, the challenger is against.

DAS

War Hero
I don't think he had much choice. Little Biffo wasn't going to make another statement in the Dail on the drink driving, even trying to deflect with claiming the Garda record was wrong there was always going to be round 2 = Leaner permit gate (always has to be be a ~gate involved).
Don't think Martin was too enamoured with that performance and probably thinks this will put manners on others.
Personally think this was typical FF (little biffo view) that he's above explaining himself.

I don't think he had much choice. Little Biffo wasn't going to make another statement in the Dail on the drink driving, even trying to deflect with claiming the Garda record was wrong there was always going to be round 2 = Leaner permit gate (always has to be be a ~gate involved).
Don't think Martin was too enamoured with that performance and probably thinks this will put manners on others.
Personally think this was typical FF (little biffo view) that he's above explaining himself.
basically he was sacked because he refused to make a second statement in the Dail

and other Ministers(I assume FG) said they weren’t happy having to answer questions on it

"Biffo" that reminds me of a rugby player I knew - The Big Ignorant Fecker From Offaly.

"Biffo" that reminds me of a rugby player I knew - The Big Ignorant Fecker From Offaly.
Biffo reminds me of a functioning alcoholic that was in the premiership when it hit the fan in 2008. A perfect storm of the very last character type needed in a national crisis and a cabal of European financial interests.

ETA I should have added Biifo was the nickname for Brian Cowen who was the Irish Prime Minister

Last edited:
Biffo reminds me of a functioning alcoholic that was in the premiership when it hit the fan in 2008. A perfect storm of the very last character type needed in a national crisis and a cabal of European financial interests.

ETA I should have added Biifo was the nickname for Brian Cowen who was the Irish Prime Minister
BIFFO is the nickname of anyone from Offaly

BIFFO is the nickname of anyone from Offaly
BIFFO was also the nickname for Brian Cowen, then again you know that already. Any chance you post something else for the sake of it ? Weather forecast ? Price of fish ? What colour shoes you're wearing?

Don't think Martin was too enamoured with that performance and probably thinks this will put manners on others...
Not a hope.

...and other Ministers(I assume FG) said they weren’t happy having to answer questions on it
There have been hints that FG pulled the trigger, which as I've said, will not be playing well with FF stalwarts outside the Pale and the leafy suburbs of Cork.

Latest Threads