Irish general election

We get it..Prods bad, Taigs good.. Hurry up with the United Ireland.

Just because they grew up listening to Tiocfadh ar la, doesn't mean they can speak the language.

There's more Polish in NI than Irish speakers ffs.
I am not disagreeing with you. Down south they simply use Irish as a stick with which to hit the Brits, they don't speak it any more than the people of Rome speak Latin. I absolutly hate it when the BBC refer to the Irish Prime Minister as the Taoiseach when the job is Prime Minister.

Cardiff has more Cantonese speakers than Welsh speakers but everything has to be in frigging Welsh

It's a non sequitur, I'm not suggesting the abolition of the monarchy. Rather, English independence.
I know you were. I simply asked if the monarchy was dissolved tomorrow who would take control of the assets?

Bible belt? One thing I noticed in Ulster during the early/mid seventies was the churches were always packed on Sunday. Both Protestant and Catholic.
North Antrim would be the bible belt..Ballymena etc.
Churches are dying a death in Belfast. Country folk would probably be far more religious.

Seems to be in the Guildhall in Derry. That makes it Derry and Strabane Council. LINK

ETA hyperlink.
Well they do speak all sorts off shite up there.. Can't even get the name of the city right:rolleyes:

A Nation Once Again!

From the article:

"These concerns include a loss of identity, triumphalism by nationalists, retribution on ex-security forces personnel, land being taken from unionist farmers and a return to violence."

Are these fears for real? I ask in genuine curiosity?

Do Unionists believe that if there was a United Ireland Nationalists would start marching down the Shankill beating drums and playing flutes, ex security forces personnel would be attacked (Why? Couldn't Nationalists do that now if they were that keen, are they somehow biding their time until the Gardai turn a blind eye?) and Prods would have their lands confiscated? Seriously? These are the absurd things they fear from a United Ireland?

And here's me thinking they had some sort of rational concerns.

Not all of them by many means, I could be wrong but I think anything up to half of the Planters came from northern England.
I think the one's from Ulster came from Scotland. Sent by Lizzie the one, after the flight of the Earls. There were other plantations in Munster who came from Northern England. They were either wiped out or went native. Don't forget we were all fenians in those days before Henry the Eighth sacked the Catholic church.

The Irish established plantations in Scotland and England. Liverpool being one of them.

And to really piss us off they sent us infestations of Pikey's.

These concerns include a loss of identity, triumphalism by nationalists, retribution on ex-security forces personnel, land being taken from unionist farmers
Well these things did happen in the South between 1919 and 1926 didn't they.

Buried Lives - The Protestants of Southern Ireland by Robin Bury.

A Protestant who lives in Southern Ireland.

Patricia left us on 21.05.2009. She was a scary 6 foot blue-eyed blonde with a bad attitude who took shit from no-one. She chased AllIRAnce canvassers from our door on the Oldpark
I lot of Irish girls are really fit.

However they are all as mad as a box of frogs, North and South. Protestant and Catholic's.

My favourite Irish tunes is 'The Star of the County Down'.

I have always wondered about Rosie McCann though. Was she Protestant or Catholic ?

Google says the name McCann originates in Armagh.

However Bandbridge Town on the banks of the Bann is two thirds Protestant tough.

But would a Protestant be walking around in two bare feet though. Being generally more prosperous and probably owning all the Flak and Linen mills in town.

Well these things did happen in the South between 1919 and 1926 didn't they.

Buried Lives - The Protestants of Southern Ireland by Robin Bury.

A Protestant who lives in Southern Ireland.
Sure, but a lot of nasty shit happened north and south then, both sides more than willing to give their neighbours a good kicking. Does anyone seriously believe that after a UI referendum hordes of Catholic farmers would suddenly descend on protestant-owned land to drive off their occupants? Really?

Latest Threads