Irish general election

par avion

War Hero
Mary Lou says London will be paying 12 billion a year for the upkeep of Northern Ireland, in a unified Ireland. There'll be 1 million British nationals here and London will be paying for them.

If that's the case, Dublin may start writing a cheque for the Irish in England.
Nicola Queen of Scots is still under the illusion that the English will still keep sending 25 billion a year after independence.

That the bank of England will still be the bank of last resort. That their will be no austerity to reduce the 10 billion deficit before rejoining the EU because the English will pick up the tab.

And that the EU will subsidise them to the tune of £500 per head as they did for Ireland, so they will still have free university education, social care, and deep fried mars bars..

What is it that you Celts put into your water. Or is it something you smoke ?

Last edited:
Nicola Queen of Scots is still under the illusion that the English will still keep sending 25 billion a year after independence.

That the bank of Engleland will still be the bank of last resort. That their will be no austerity to reduce the 10 billion deficit before rejoining the EU because the English will pick up the tab.

And that the EU will subsidise them to the tune of £500 per head as they did for Ireland, so they will still have free university education, social care, and deep fried mars bars..

Peat

par avion

War Hero
I never liked that Granda Joe character, he was always too cheerful, too happy-go-lucky, too optimistic and too full of the joys of life for my liking.
It's because you were caught in that Orange Parade on the 12th July in episode 4, series 1 isn't it Joe ...er Mike.

And while we are hear let me tell you, it's appalling the way you treat Da Jerry.

And whats with giving James a hard time for being English. He is not English, he is a plastic paddy born and raised in England with Irish parents.

Notice that even Michelle, a Derry girl, likes English squaddy cock. As do most Irish girls since the time of Ollie Cromwell. Sadly not available to ladies from the 26 counties since 1922.

Really don't think the Irish defence force would do a Sri Lanka. Firstly, such behaviour would not be entertained by the members of the Irish forces I know, and secondly, the Republic would really not accept the poisoned chalice of reunification if it felt it had to embark on the Irish equivalent of op Banner.
They value their wine glasses to much for one thing.

More seriously, PIRA apologists (at best) issuing orders to do anything to the actual Irish Army?

I much prefered the bit with the Black and Tans, and the end bit where Big Mick gets slotted.
I kink shame no one, you like the rough stuff and snuff movies more power to you.

par avion

War Hero
I kink shame no one, you like the rough stuff and snuff movies more power to you.
I think that rough stuff was all down to the heroes of the IRA. It was them who first murded a 56 year old Irish policeman, a widower with 6 kids left orphaned. But I suppose he was regarded as a traitor.

And the hero who murded him in the name of freedom and dear ole Ireland. Dan Breen, anti treaty and later a TD and lawmaker. You couldn,t make it up.

And this was all 20 months before the first Auxillary set foot in Ireland.

I think that rough stuff was all down to the heroes of the IRA. It was them who first murded a 56 year old Irish policeman, a widower with 6 kids left orphaned. But I suppose he was regarded as a traitor.

And the hero who murded him in the name of freedom and dear ole Ireland. Dan Breen, anti treaty and later a TD and lawmaker. You couldn,t make it up.

And this was all 20 months before the first Auxillary set foot in Ireland.
What can I say, we're trendsetters.

Looks like FF & FG have told Fat Mary Lou to foxtrot Oscar. Leo might be back in The White House* pretty soon.

* whatever the Irish equivalent is.

Mary Lou's card from a secret admirer.

Roses are Red
Violets are Blue
You can't afford 26
Nevermind 32

DAS

Old-Salt
Looks like FF & FG have told Fat Mary Lou to foxtrot Oscar. Leo might be back in The White House* pretty soon.

* whatever the Irish equivalent is.

Good news.

There isn't for the Taoiseach, although our resident leprechaun President Higgins has the Áras an Uachtaráin, formerly the Viceregal Lodge in Phoenix Park.

Having looked through their manifesto promises, I’m of the growing opinion that Sinn Fein should form the basis of the new government. Bog economics. They’ll be a cert to run the RoI into the ground within 3-4 years. Set an notion of a United ireland back at least another few generations. They’ve already been given the rope. Let them fashion their own noose.

That the bank of England will still be the bank of last resort. That their will be no austerity to reduce the 10 billion deficit before rejoining the EU because the English will pick up the tab.

In the words of Mrs Brown - "That's nice".

There’s certainly one or two posters on this thread that appear to be on the Buckfast, but I don’t think they would necessarily identify as Celts.
This Celtic stuff is bowl locks anyway. There are loads of Romanists on Twatter talking about the "800 year English land grab. " It's feckin nonsense. Some bellend actually mentioned Carrickfergus Castle. This VERY DAY, me, Zero Alpha and my parents were running the Hoover around St Nicholas Parish Church, built at the same time, by the same people: The Normans. 800 years ago.*

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Irish are scond only to The Palestinians in terms of victim culture. And they're not even Irish in the true sense. Viking stock, and people that fell off the boat during The Spanish Armada.

*It's a bit more, the year was 1181.

This Celtic stuff is bowl locks anyway. There are loads of Romanists on Twatter talking about the "800 year English land grab. " It's feckin nonsense. Some bellend actually mentioned Carrickfergus Castle. This VERY DAY, me, Zero Alpha and my parents were running the Hoover around St Nicholas Parish Church, built at the same time, by the same people: The Normans. 800 years ago.*

I've said it before and I'll say it again: The Irish are scond only to The Palestinians in terms of victim culture. And they're not even Irish in the true sense. Viking stock, and people that fell off the boat during The Spanish Armada.

*It's a bit more, the year was 1181.
Victim culture, must be where the scousers get it from.

Latest Threads