Irish general election

Disagree, how many have PPWs or legally held firearms as gun club members?
disagree away...

just close relatives, Grandfather, Ex Army, Father, RN, uncles, 3 x RN, 1 x Army, 1 x RAF

it really isn’t an issue south of the border, never is, never was.

disagree away...

just close relatives, Grandfather, Ex Army, Father, RN, uncles, 3 x RN, 1 x Army, 1 x RAF

it really isn’t an issue south of the border, never is, never was.
my disagree was with it being relevant to the situation in the North.

Mary Lou says London will be paying 12 billion a year for the upkeep of Northern Ireland, in a unified Ireland. There'll be 1 million British nationals here and London will be paying for them.

If that's the case, Dublin may start writing a cheque for the Irish in England.

I rather suspect the Prods have no idea how rough An Garda Síochánas Special Branch can play....
While I'd agree that the UDA/UFF would have no idea, the people who might cut up nasty will know EXACTLY " how rough An Garda Síochánas Special Branch can play". I'm sure you catch my drift.

Last edited:
I never liked that Granda Joe character, he was always too cheerful, too happy-go-lucky, too optimistic and too full of the joys of life to really be from Derry.
No charge

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Mary Lou says London will be paying 12 billion a year for the upkeep of Northern Ireland, in a unified Ireland. There'll be 1 million British nationals here and London will be paying for them.

Errrr no, you own it you pay for it!

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
If the terrorist front men/women form the new Irish government, will the UK give them and security/intelligence information and who will provide their air defence because the scum won't want the RAF to do it will they or it could cost £12 billion per year.

And your point is? They are still not British
You are one funny guy. I bet only an Irishman can say "yes I know he's British, but he's still not British" and actually mean it.

Do you often find yourself arguing with your own image in the mirror over whether your hair parts to the right or left?

Nah, the UK Government can write that off by cancelling the CTA and forcibly repatriating PhotX at the point of a bayonet.

You are one funny guy. I bet only an Irishman can say "yes I know he's British, but he's still not British" and actually mean it.

Do you often find yourself arguing with your own image in the mirror over whether your hair parts to the right or left?
I am not gay, so stop stalking me.

ugly

LE

She has definitely lost the plot, if you leave you wont see a penny of public money

She has definitely lost the plot, if you leave you wont see a penny of public money
She may as well have just came out and said we want unity but can't afford it.

par avion

War Hero
Really don't think the Irish defence force would do a Sri Lanka. Firstly, such behaviour would not be entertained by the members of the Irish forces I know, and secondly, the Republic would really not accept the poisoned chalice of reunification if it felt it had to embark on the Irish equivalent of op Banner.
If they did it would be interesting seeing them investigated by the ICC. Numerous cases before the UNCHR, and on the Naughty Step in the EU.

par avion

War Hero
there are Probably as many ex service people south of the border.
It’s never been an issue.
Yes in 1918. I doubt that there are anywhere near that number now even with former IDF and British military combined. Don't forget that during the troubles very few joined from the South compaared to now.

Latest Threads