Irish Connections

Discussion in 'Ireland (ie. Irish Defence Force)' started by Crazy_Ranger, Jun 8, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good site Crazy R.

2. Are they paint ball guns?

And I loved this photo description: FIBUA practice (without the built up area)

Oh the tears of laughter!

3. Very impressed with the discussions I read.

4. I have an Irish connection.

The Irish Defence Forces have come a long way over the years. I regularly visit the official website of the Irish Defence Forces and it is an excellent website.

http://www.military.ie

5. www.21infantry.com

My units website. The Irish Reserve Defence Forces, its where all the british surplus gear from after WW2 went.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Quote from 21 Inf website

Men and women between 17 and 34 years of age (under 35).

Classic!

7. Auld Yin, you'd be surprised how the 'under 35' catches people out. Its a very precise, pedantic definition of an age: Under 35 is 34. Under or equal is 35. Over 35 is 36.

And yes, I was caught out by it. You'd think it was a loophole but it aint.

• Like Like x 1
  8. do the Irish have their own equivilent of the Army cadets force (ACF) ?

9. On paper there is no equivalent of the ACF. On paper the RDF (was called FCA) is the equivalent of the TA. But I'd say in reality the RDF is probably somewhere between ACF and TA.

Tricam.

10. whats the youngest they can join up at ?

11. No. There is the FCA, (Foras Coisaint Aitula,) Local Defence Force, and thats underfunded and officered by men from the Pernament Defence Force.

In an attempt to improve the FCA, one company in every PDF battalion with be intergrated with FCA members drawn from the two/three reserve battalions.

However, no, there is not 'Cadet' type force.

12. <delete message, repeated in error>