Irish Car Bomb - the Drink

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by JoeCivvie, Sep 21, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I came across a reference to this on a US TV prog yesterday - apparently it does exist, and it's allegedly 'one of the most popular drinks worldwide':

3/4 pint Guinness® stout
    1/2 shot Bailey's® Irish cream
    1/2 shot Jameson® Irish whiskey

Add the Bailey's and Jameson to a shot glass, layering the Bailey's on the bottom. Pour the Guinness into a pint glass or beer mug 3/4 of the way full and let settle. Drop the shot glass into the Guinness and chug. If you don't drink it fast enough it will curdle and increasingly taste worse.

How thrilled would the Spams be if someone invented a cocktail called the 9/11? What would go in it?

2. It'll be a multi-layerd concoction that would meld together as soon the heat from the drinkers hand hit the glass. Oh, and there would be two glasses of it - a sort of lovers special! I suggest also that it/they would look better in collins glass.

3. The 9/11: Take two tall glasses of fizzy American shite (Budweiser) - Smash the fuck out of them both with the nearest implement, then proceed to moan for the rest of the night/week about it.

4. I googled 9/11 cocktail

The 9/11 drink recipe

5. I was given one of these only a couple of weeks ago by the ex monkey Landlord of my local, he called it a "Car Bomb" though. Tastes surprisingly good.

6. I went to Dublin a couple of months back and was assured by an Irish chick I know that I should ask for a 'car bomb' as it was a local favorite...... I thought it was a windup and a sure fire way to get my teethy kicked in. Wish I had at least tried now.

7. sounds similar to a depth charge hidious drink
    snake bite with a shot of pernood in the bottom :(

8. Almost like my Pernod and Guinness sandwiches form my younger days (wipes away a tear) - neck, in short order: pint of Guinness, a Pernod and water, another pint of Guinness. I enjoyed it!

9. They used to do one in Czech called Magic Eye...sink a shot glass of peppermint liqueur in a pint of lager....fecking vile!!!!!

10. I do remember the Norwegian version of Irish coffee... put a coin in the bottom of a glass, pour coffee until the coin disappears, then pour in the vodka/schnapps until the coin re-appears.

They love it, those Nogs.

11. I've had a hatred of all things guiness my whole life, can't stand the stuff. Until this year that is.
    In a pub after armynavy, The Emperor appears on my brothers shoulder....
    'Go on little one, get 3 rounds of car bombs, even though no one else likes guiness. And don't worry, you'll all be able to remember the rest of the night after them too.'

Cheers Emp

Did convert me to liking (sort of) guiness though.