Irish ARRSErs poppy wreath

I thought it would be appropriate to lay a poppy wreath at the Islandbridge Memorial cross yesterday on behalf of all Irish ARRSErs (North & South, and abroad). My father, myself, and two good friends went there yesterday afternoon.

Attachments

Go raibh maith agat.

How thoughtful of you, Gallowglass. Marvellous gesture and very much appreciated. Many thanks indeed to you.

MsG

stameen_s said:
big_mad_ejit said:
Good man

stameen_s said:
Were there poppy sellers about at all?
bumped into one at my local shopping centre on Saturday - bought a poppy from her
Dublin I take it?
the very place - one of its more salubrious suburbs

(see my location :wink: *)

Edit:
*obviously when I posted this my location on the left was my real location not my fantasy location

No trouble at all my friends - it was a pleasure.

big_mad_ejit said:
stameen_s said:
big_mad_ejit said:
Good man

stameen_s said:
Were there poppy sellers about at all?
bumped into one at my local shopping centre on Saturday - bought a poppy from her
Dublin I take it?
the very place - one of its more salubrious suburbs

(see my location :wink: )
Interesting, I was under the impression that it wasn't allowed or considered taboo to do so due to the Irish Indepdence war history etc, has Ireland matured that much to draw a line under past wars with England, I do remember the Easter Parade in Dublin not so long ago with the Irish army outside the GPO, apparently a British Army Liason Officer was present.

Cheers Galloglass, just stumbled on this thread. That was a really nice gesture, and very much appreciated by many here in Ireland. I do believe that this year in particular there has been a very positive response from many here in the rememberance of Irishmen that fell during the wars.

Mordread doffs his hat in that mans direction.