Irish ARRSErs poppy wreath

Discussion in 'Ireland (ie. Irish Defence Force)' started by gallowglass, Nov 12, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I thought it would be appropriate to lay a poppy wreath at the Islandbridge Memorial cross yesterday on behalf of all Irish ARRSErs (North & South, and abroad). My father, myself, and two good friends went there yesterday afternoon.

Attached Files:

2. Nice one gallowglass

3. Good drills. Pint glass duly raised in your direction fella.

4. Go raibh maith agat.

5. Good job, well done. Were there poppy sellers about at all?

6. Good man

bumped into one at my local shopping centre on Saturday - bought a poppy from her

7. How thoughtful of you, Gallowglass. Marvellous gesture and very much appreciated. Many thanks indeed to you.

MsG

8. Dublin I take it?

9. the very place - one of its more salubrious suburbs

(see my location :wink: *)

Edit:
    *obviously when I posted this my location on the left was my real location not my fantasy location

10. Good man Gallowglass.

11. No trouble at all my friends - it was a pleasure.

12. Many Thanks Gallowglass.

13. Hanx mucker, much appreciated.

14. Interesting, I was under the impression that it wasn't allowed or considered taboo to do so due to the Irish Indepdence war history etc, has Ireland matured that much to draw a line under past wars with England, I do remember the Easter Parade in Dublin not so long ago with the Irish army outside the GPO, apparently a British Army Liason Officer was present.

15. Good man yourself!

I laid a wreath at the bust of Thomas Kettle in St. Stephans Green park http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Kettle with members of a society I'm in in UCD. All the people who walked by stopped for the 2 minutes silence! We were all nicely suprised! We picked up a few poppies at the legion hq in town a few days before also.