ireland should we buy it

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by brighton hippy, Sep 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The irish are attempting to prop up anglo irish bank to the tune of $34billion dollars considering they have £50 in the bank thats not going to work :)
    last time part of the british isles went bankrupt we ended taking over the porridge wogs so do we want to add the paddys
    pros would piss off gerry and martin offer them plumb jobs in the new irish assembly and watch there tiny heads explode:)
    advantages two votes in the EU would keep the scots inline annoy lots of people.
    disadvatages would cost a lot for marginal use but so does trident and the house of commons :)

2. I think we would be better off buying Belgium. Just invade Ireland and take it by force. Ooops we already tried that.

3. How many owners has it had?

When was it last serviced?

How much warranty has it got left?

And how long left on the Mick's tenancy agreement? I may want to move my own tenants in.

4. Why buy it? Six months from now,they will be giving it away.

5. Why not sell it to our friends in the 'travelling' community? They obviously have the cash to spare, having dispensed with the trivia of paying any form of tax: most of them near Brize seem to be driving Range Rover Sports / Shoguns, etc.

Once purchased, it might encourage them to actually travel.

6. Put a BFO Fence around it and use it as a mega Alcatraz, using whats left of the RN to patrol the border. Plenty of potential warders already living there that do not appreciate illegal acts in their manor (unless they are doing em)

7. No, it's irreparably damp and the sitting tennants are a complete shower of shite!

8. Surely can be used as some sort of target range

9. jim24

jim24 Book Reviewer

Sell it to the f@cking Kennedys they can make it the 51st State of the Union,

10. Agreed. They gave up the North easy enough, why not finish the job?

11. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Ireland - who??? :)

12. It's too late, alas for the RN. But if the travellers did buy it, en masse, they could never again complain about having their human rights infringed by being banned from setting up their shanty towns in other people's back yards.

13. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

I just wish the Americans would buy it and tow it away.

14. As long as they take its capitol (Liverpool) with it of course.

15. The Free State Finance Minister was just on tv. They're offering to re-tarmac the entire M25, and for an extra 10% they'll do "the lovely wee whoite stones"

Fuck them.