Ireland - Saviours of Europe?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Brick, Jun 6, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. So it looks like the No vote is starting to pick up momentum. Guess it all comes down to the 28% still undecided and which way they jump. Come on undecideds, you know you want to do the right thing and ram a stake through the Constitution's heart by voting No! :)

2. It's just as well that the Irish Constitution demands a referendum on issues such as this. I doubt if there would be one otherwise. The Irish government would be happy to sleepwalk into federalism along with Brown and his shower of shite and every other EU government. Let's hope the No campaign continues to gain momentum.

3. It's just as well that the Irish Constitution demands a referendum on issues such as this. I doubt if there would be one otherwise. The Irish government would be happy to sleepwalk into federalism along with Brown and his campaign continues to gain momentum.

4. It comes to something when were putting our hopes on how another nation votes to save our own skin.

Fcuking Broon dictator cnut!

:)

5. By rights, this should've been the subject of a referendum in the UK too, Jimuk. It was only because Brown the Clown bottled it again that it wasn't.

This has created massive interest at home (Ireland) and folks're going to great lengths to gather information for themselves. If the present trend continues, the vote will be an overwhelming "NO". I'd like to see the Taoiseach veto it then. Jaisus! he's proving to be worse than that corrupt fücker Ahern!

MsG

6. If they vote No and begads I hope they do, you can bet your life the constitution will be amended, the treaty will be 're-negotiated' and re-packaged, it will be signed for by the money grubbers and only then will the constitutional amendment show that a referendum need not be held at all.

They will keep doing this until they get the answer that they want, its how EU politics works.

7. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

By that I take it you mean that great statesman who somehow needed assistance lubing the wheels along the way?

8. Sinn Fein are campaigning for a no vote

This puts me in a dilemma because on the one hand the fact that Giscard D'Estaing has let it slip that they're trying to pull a fast one on us inclines me to vote no but on the other hand I don't want to be on the same side as Sinn Fein which pushes me into the yes camp.
    :?

http://www.tallrite.com/IrishTimesColumns/IT-DontSignLisbon.htm

9. If the good people of Ireland vote 'No', like the citizens of Holland and France, then the unelected and unaccountable commissars of the European Soviet Union will simply ignore them and change the rules. Where do think Mugabe learned his cheating?

10. Hopefully we shall all be thanking the Irish for their rejection of this obscene treaty.

Don't expect they'll win many votes from the boxheads in the next Eurovision farce as a consequence, but who cares?

11. That's Sir Robert Mugabe to you, since Broon refuses to rescind his knighthood. The "symbols" aren't important in signifying our opinion of the "good" Doctor, apparently.

12. Interesting to see people on here side with Sinn Fein and other loonies in looking for a No vote in the Referendum here in Ireland next week. Most of the mainstream media, political partys, most trade unions, farming, business and employment associations are advocating a Yes vote. Prominent commentators such as Garret Fitzgerald (former Taoisaech) are also advocating a Yes vote. I know the advice that I will listen to!

13. Indeed. God bless the Irish!

14. http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91211-1318932,00.html

With any justice at all the Irish referendum will kill the Lisbon Treaty stone dead. I'm sure the collective EU lunatics will try to re-invent it under another name (again)
    Awaiting the results with baited breath, it comes to something when the only hope we have of retaining our Sovereignty lies with a referendum in another country.