Iraqi safe havens?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by PartTimePongo, Oct 22, 2002.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. A group of people are putting together a proposal for internal refugee zones in the event of a UK/US attack on Iraq.

They would like to know the views of individual members of UKFOR about this and would also like to contact UKMIL formally.

The objective is a minimisation of casualties CIV/MIL.

Feedback?

2. woopert

woopert LE Moderator

As I live in the realm of a cruel and perverse dictator hell bent on the destruction of liberty and freedom of thought....can I claim refugee status in one of these enclaves?

3. How about Bradford....?

4. Buggeration.......

Was having this dictated down the phone from the PA of a man of influence, who want's to gauge UKMIL reaction to the idea...

so it reads like this..

A group of people are putting together a proposal for internal refugee zones or enclaves to be set up in Iraq prior to a  UK/US attack

They would like to know the views of individual members of UKFOR about this and would also like to start a dialogue with UKMIL and Refugee agencies formally.

The objective is a minimisation of casualties CIV/MIL.

Feedback?

Personally, I think it might work, but it will take a shedload of planning.

However , I can see the benefits of virtually empty cities, as well as confusion from the Iraqi headsheds, as they realise which areas won't be attacked, but, won't they just try and stop it?

More information as i get it

5. Sinner, the idea is to keep them kebabside.... ;D

As well as stopping them zipping into Jordan and Syria, and creating yet another problem and enlarging the conflict.....

....and the local muslims in bradford might not be up for it, cos they're a bit harder-line up there.  :mad:

6. Thanks for the PM's overnight from the people who answered.

Some good thoughts and surprisingly little resistance to the idea, but any other contributions welcome....

If you want to keep it private, PM me, but I do need more feedback. Having spoken briefly to one of the people concerned with the idea this morning, they appear to be very serious about this..

PtP