Iraqi Medal of Commitment

Discussion in 'Medals' started by dante242, Mar 28, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Just when you thought it was all over another medal you will never get to wear.......

"It is our intention that the medal be awarded to military personnel who served in
    Iraq as part of the armed forces of the United States and other coalition nations.

To qualify to receive the medal, service members must have served for 30 consecutive days
    or for 60 non-consecutive days within the borders of Iraq, within its territorial waters, or within
    its airspace during the period of March 19, 2003 to December 31, 2011".

The bit I like is;

"We further authorize the United States and other coalition partners to arrange for
    the production of the medal and ribbon in their respective countries so that the
    items may be readily available to the recipients".

Attached Files:

2. Or...
  3. if they were smart they would've told the 1,000,000 that they qualify and enclosed an order form
  4. Good Grief.....more bling?

Well it will sit in the drawer with the ISAF one as company then..... =)
    • Like Like x 1
  5. I'm sure the usual unofficial medal makers are cranking these out as we speak. Nice ribbon.
  6. Stick it up yer fookin arrse, rant over!!!!!
  7. What I want to know is when's the Naafi Bop Medal coming out?
  8. Thank God someone appreciates my long hours sat on my arse in BAS.
  9. Why can't we stick to the policy on medals that the UK had for years and years - you got the GSM if you were there and if you were not there but in support you got an MBE etc unless you were a civvy when you got an OBE.
  10. Frigging hell