Iraq

A little reminder for you the UK has been trying to push through laws to ban voices that don't agree with the thinking-required.
So when I say 'assigned' I mean what I'm supposed to be watching...BBC/ ITV/ Ch4/ Sky...
Never RT, not CCTV, never PressTV.

Many thanks. I'm more than happy with my definition of the word 'assigned'.
It fits very well.
Permitted / allowed then
Not within the more restrictive definition of assigned

*Russian Troll*
W
Permitted / allowed then
Not within the more restrictive definition of assigned
Who really cares?
When they switch information off we can just find it online.

Their desperate and obvious move was quickly outmaneuvered.
And UK gov were made to look childish and out-of-their-depth.

All they have to do now is work out a way of switching the internet off.
They already censor lots and lots but the big one is the kill-switch.

Then we'll be completely blind to everything, all the time, forever.

That would be really pants.

None of which you have presented

I think you need to read some history from 2014 onwards.

You talk about ‘granting a state’ but no idea how

So we don’t arm the Kurds then? You’re either in favour of it or not.
You live in a polarised world. Must be very reassuring..... As you demand my own view.

I would have being favour at the start of IS and made it plain to both turkey, iran and the dodgy baghdad regime, that as they're had abrogated responsibility, then the UK will recognise kurdistan, if they're successfully drive out IS.... IF america says no, we're out of the commitment, why in hell should we clean up other peoples mess.

Now, its complicated by the fact we've given others veto powers and allowed the baghdad regime to push back the kurds somewhat. Trust is lost and as such, NO, we don't arm them and inflame an already bad situation.

W

Who really cares?
When they switch information off we can just find it online.

Their desperate and obvious move was quickly outmaneuvered.
And UK gov were made to look childish and out-of-their-depth.

All they have to do now is work out a way of switching the internet off.
They already censor lots and lots but the big one is the kill-switch.

Then we'll be completely blind to everything, all the time, forever.

That would be really pants.
You missed a couple:

*Russian Troll*
Correct.
It's a global effort and it will push us back into the prehistoric days when it comes to independent research.

Mmmm. It would be handy banning independent research and 'alternate news', wouldn't it?

Let's chuck in whistleblowers and those who publish the leaks too.

After all, why would any of us need to find every angle on every subject to make an informed choice?

These are the same characters that pulled the Iraq 03 stunt not too long ago.

You live in a polarised world. Must be very reassuring..... As you demand my own view.
Statement based without fact. 1/10, must try harder
I would have being favour at the start of IS and made it plain to both turkey, iran and the dodgy baghdad regime, that as they're had abrogated responsibility, then the UK will recognise kurdistan, if they're successfully drive out IS.... IF america says no, we're out of the commitment, why in hell should we clean up other peoples mess.
That comes from P5 and UNSC2249, but you don’t agree with the U.N.
Now, its complicated by the fact we've given others veto powers and allowed the baghdad regime to push back the kurds somewhat. Trust is lost and as such, NO, we don't arm them and inflame an already bad situation.
What ‘veto powers’? I thought you didn’t agree with the UN.

None of which addresses your point we should arm the Kurds and then apparently not.

Statement based without fact. 1/10, must try harder

That comes from P5 and UNSC2249, but you don’t agree with the U.N.

What ‘veto powers’? I thought you didn’t agree with the UN.

None of which addresses your point we should arm the Kurds and then apparently not.
The point was answered.... Your just too fixated and dogmatic, to YET understand:-
Arming the Kurds - Only IF we have a willingness to act unilaterally, or with partners, to back their move to independence and see it done.
Don't arm the Kurds - IF we do not have a collective willingness to seek a just outcome. In that eventuality, the consequence is the UK unilaterally does not involve itself in other peoples mess and considers Turkey in particular as no longer an ally.

Policy built on compromise, lies, vague hope and zero focus on outcome is doomed to fail and compromises everything we supposedly believe in (democracy and human rights).

The point was answered.... Your just too fixated and dogmatic, to YET understand:-
Pot DE Kettle INT Colour K
Arming the Kurds - Only IF we have a willingness to act unilaterally, or with partners, to back their move to independence and see it done.
Irrespective of what the possible outcomes are?
Don't arm the Kurds - IF we do not have a collective willingness to seek a just outcome. In that eventuality, the consequence is the UK unilaterally does not involve itself in other peoples mess and considers Turkey in particular as no longer an ally.
You mean withdraw from NATO. Now we’re getting into the ‘Emcom World View’
Policy built on compromise, lies, vague hope and zero focus on outcome is doomed to fail and compromises everything we supposedly believe in (democracy and human rights).
Talk about ‘black and white’

Either we should support freedom or we shouldn’t? That was your point.

*Russian Troll*
Anyone think the world police are pushing Iran for a reaction?
Anyone?

We deserve better as a planet.

Pot DE Kettle INT Colour K

Irrespective of what the possible outcomes are?

You mean withdraw from NATO. Now we’re getting into the ‘Emcom World View’

Talk about ‘black and white’

Either we should support freedom or we shouldn’t? That was your point.
I still believe, that you can be just as decisive by not acting, as much as acting. Both are equally predicated on strategy and a focus on outcome, making both courses politically courageous as action should be decisive and see an outcome which changes the paradigm permanantly.....

Our policy since the end of the cold war has being entirely fixed on halfway houses. The appearance of action, with often tragic consequences for our soldiers, the enemy and the civvies in between.. Iraq is a product of our twisted strategy, similarly your ignorance that arming civvies is dangerous and prone to making the situation even worse, unless those groups are fighting for a cohesive goal that follows the decision to an outcome which changes the paradigm.

Trump recent bombing of the al quds leader may unsettle everyone. But at least he has decided to choose a course of action, which likely as not will have two consequences: 1. Iran will back down or 2. A confrontation long overdue will result... All our actions leave everything frozen in place and is no decision at all.

I still believe, that you can be just as decisive by not acting, as much as acting. Both are equally predicated on strategy and a focus on outcome, making both courses politically courageous as action should be decisive and see an outcome which changes the paradigm permanantly.....
So you are in favour of arming the Kurds and the fallout from that, or you’re not?
Our policy since the end of the cold war has being entirely fixed on halfway houses. The appearance of action, with often tragic consequences for our soldiers, the enemy and the civvies in between.. Iraq is a product of our twisted strategy,
More ‘Emcom World View’
similarly your ignorance that arming civvies is dangerous and prone to making the situation even worse, unless those groups are fighting for a cohesive goal that follows the decision to an outcome which changes the paradigm.
’My ignorance’ coming from your arrogance? That’s a classic
Trump recent bombing of the al quds leader may unsettle everyone. But at least he has decided to choose a course of action, which likely as not will have two consequences: 1. Iran will back down or 2. A confrontation long overdue will result...
Not doubting that
All our actions leave everything frozen in place and is no decision at all.
But you said doing nothing could be decisive

So you are in favour of arming the Kurds and the fallout from that, or you’re not?

More ‘Emcom World View’

’My ignorance’ coming from your arrogance? That’s a classic

Not doubting that

But you said doing nothing could be decisive
Absolutely no point arming them, if were not willing to recognise them as a separate nation. You seem tin eared on that point...... If emcom world existed, then yes. I would recognise them and arm them up as an ally in the region.

Absolutely no point arming them, if were not willing to recognise them as a separate nation.
You’ve changed your mind again then. You seem to have a problem agreeing with a COA and keeping to it
You seem tin eared on that point......
Whilst you change your mind more often than your socks
If emcom world existed, then yes. I would recognise them and arm them up as an ally in the region.
In one post you are in favour of both options. Typical Emcom.

And I have just heard on BBC world news at 04.00hrs UK time that the US is sending over 750 more troops to the area.
A lot has happened in 8.5 years...

You’ve changed your mind again then. You seem to have a problem agreeing with a COA and keeping to it

Whilst you change your mind more often than your socks

In one post you are in favour of both options. Typical Emcom.
I haven't shifted an inch - we should recognise kurdistan and divide the rest of iraq, along with all the other failed states.

Your failure to comprehend alternative choices I gave is presumably down to your life by manual, or fixed COA defined by your superiors. The fact your superiors haven't provided a clear strategic outcome since the falklands is hardly my fault.

Something must be done is a MOD mantra, my view is do nothing if your going to make it worse.

I haven't shifted an inch - we should recognise kurdistan and divide the rest of iraq, along with all the other failed states.
But you’ve said previously doing nothing can be decisive
Your failure to comprehend alternative choices I gave is presumably down to your life by manual, or fixed COA defined by your superiors. The fact your superiors haven't provided a clear strategic outcome since the falklands is hardly my fault.
Wow! You have no idea. Being as you allegedly rose to the ‘dizzy height’ of L/Cpl, I understand why you have a sad on about authority.
Something must be done is a MOD mantra, my view is do nothing if your going to make it worse.
So you’re now saying arm the Kurds. Which is it?

*Russian Troll*
Did I miss the CC1? It's very quiet here today as is the Syria thread.
Have you all suddenly lost interest?
That I don't believe lol.

Further details of the US's stupid (preemptive?) actions have come to light.

Soleimani was hit while traveling in a car during a publicly announced visit to Iraq to attend the funerals
of 31 Iraqi soldiers the US killed on December 29.
That changes things quite a bit.

It was not a legitimate intelligence-based hit against an enemy operating where the hit took place, it was instead the killing of a government official who went to attend a funeral and was going to leave the same day.

I mean who do the septics think they are...Palestinians? Israelis?

Russia has already spoken against the assassination:
““The assassination of Soleimani as a result of a bombing in Baghdad, we see this as an adventurous step that will lead to increased tension throughout the region,” the Russian Foreign Ministry said in a statement.”
Russia condemns Soleimani's murder and declares support for Iran - Fort Russ

Today, a spokesman for Iraq’s armed forces said that an order has been issued to restrict all US military activity in Iraq:

The US is nominally in Iraq at the request of the Iraqi government.
There are agreements in place for the US to stay in Iraq, but this action has violated those agreements.
Iraq can tell the US to leave.
If the US does not leave after being told to leave, Iraq can go to the UN and complain, after which all other countries will be blocked by the UN from offering any assistance to the US at all in Iraq.
Turkey has already refused permission for US planes en route to Iraq to land or refuel at Incirlik.

The US must now wait for the inevitable Iranian retaliation.
In doing so, Iran will consult with China.
The Chinese have massive investments in Iranian oilfields and Iran is vital to China’s ‘Belt & Road’.

Bearing in mind that Iran, Russia and China have just complete their first ever joint naval exercise, it ought to be clear to even the most jingoistic American, that they could very quickly end up with no good options.

Thanks US...You're ace.

Do you all remember what Trump said about Soetoro just before he was re-elected?
Funny how his words have come around to refer to himself.

1 said:
Did I miss the CC1? It's very quiet here today as is the Syria thread.
Have you all suddenly lost interest?
That I don't believe lol.
If you venture out to the wider forum then you will find multiple references to the subject since Friday.

*Russian Troll*
I did.
I did miss the CC1 didn't I?

So now Iran and the US are flinging shit at each other?
This seems to be the desired happy consensus for a lot of you.

17 outgoing.
12 on Al Assad AB and 5 on Camp Harir.
No cas from any blue forces.

1. Small scale, no cas.
2. Huge, mostly empty US bases already hardened for every eventuality plus attack expected.
3. No US 'defensive; strikes on Iranian missile launchers. Seemingly no use of C-RAM reported
4. A face saving device, perhaps even agreed by US, to allow some deescalation on both sides?

I do hope so.
So should everyone.

Let the law of attrition continue.
I'm really feeling the hurt.

Latest Threads