Iraq War: major new questions for Tony Blair

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by Blogg, Mar 10, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iraq War: major new questions for Tony Blair - Telegraph

"Sir Christopher Meyer, Britain’s ambassador to Washington during the run-up to the war, writes in this newspaper today that Mr Blair’s mistakes on Iraq flowed from a “black and white” world view that was “more evangelical than the American Christian Right”.

He says that Mr Blair’s “unquestioning support” for the president “eliminated what should have been salutary British influence over American decision-making” after the prime minister became “an honorary member of this inner group” of neo-conservatives and military hawks who were setting the agenda in the United States."

And the rest is history.
  2. One day, Blair will be in the dock. I, and like millions of others on that day will say, rejoice, rejoice, rejoice.

The bastard.
    • Like Like x 4
  3. perhaps if can get a Top Job in EU-rine Land, or as 'Something Special' in the Vatican that carries Diplomatic Immunity, Our Tone will land yet again on his feet smelling of roses....
  4. As with all questions of character, the simple check question of 'Would you buy a car off this man?' Answers my question.
  5. It would be nice, but it's not going to happen. The ruling class protect their own, knowing that one day they could easily need the same protection themselves. Whether they launch a war of aggression, sign up to ruinous PFI deals, give free rein to madcap financial chancers, or hound a man to suicide, it is in all their interest to ensure that they all enjoy inviolability of person, and that the price in blood or money is paid only by the little people.

A common conspiracy of immunity.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Sitting down over his morning coffee and croissant I bet Teflon Tony didn't even break wind, never mind give a shit, over this. The man is a despicable, slimey, toadying little prick.
  7. He is one of the 12ft Lizard people.
  8. If any justice in the world existed Tony would get it big time, but I doubt it. My only consoling thought is that his children however rich Tony leaves them will always have that shadow hanging over them, spawn of Blair and be hated and vilified through out the world.
  9. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Isn't it rather sad that when the dust settles, B-Liar will have so much acreage of text in the footnotes of history, that in hundreds of years time it is possible he will be mistaken for a 'great and visionary leader'?

The mere thought of this is terrifying.
  10. So true, but,

He'll be a better man in a week when he is Pope.
  11. Then onwards to Sainthood.....
  12. Unlikely. Compared to other PM's his contributions to world affairs were minor.
    This is not an age of giants. It's an age of pygmies.