Iraq Telic Medals HELP!

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by watto135, Feb 8, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Not sure if right place so mod feel free to move

Heard a rumour from one of the Sgts i met in Iraq when i bumped into him on a course at BST

Here goes - apparently all those up to telic 3 now get something with there iraq medal if so what should we have with it or is this not true I know mine is with my unit but not seen it so would be nice to know when i actually get my hands on mine

any help appreciated on this one

2. A) Gulf War Syndrome?
    B) Nectar points?
    C) Argos voucher?
    D) A 'thanks very much - see you next time'?.

I dunno - all I got was the box, the ribbon and a medal that looks like it had been stamped out with the heel of a navvy's boot and tarnishes about an hour after you polish it (with a non-abrasive cleaner, of course).

3. That's about all most can expect! 8O

Watto, only thing I've ever heard of people getting extra was the clasp, and that was only Op Telic (1 - before they had numbers!)

See Here

4. Cheers Counter

Thats what i originally heard but the bloke i met up with that i was on telic 2 with says we are supposed to get a bar & rossete for telic 1 - 2 - & 3 but not sure thats why i asked the question

5. I think the technical term I'm looking for is errr... BOLLOX

Did you do 1, 2 AND 3? Maybe you deserve something then!

6. no i ment any bdy that did telic 1, 2 or 3 but after reading the page on MOD site that puts it to bed thank you

7. only Telic 1 (if you meet the criteria) get the rosette to go on your ribbon bar and the clasp to go on your medal ribbon. (rosette on ribbon bar signifies clasp on medal ribbon)

At a church parade in November I saw a number of soldiers who had put their rosette on the medal ribbon along with the clasp.

8. I heard a rumour that Telic 4 would get a rosette due to the fact there we had more contacts than anyone else since Korea but that was all it was....rumour. Does it really make that much difference?

9. oldbaldy

oldbaldy LE Moderator Good Egg (charities)
    1. Battlefield Tours

Don't have a Telic medal. (Don't want one either). Do have more than both my parents who served in WW2.
    Makes you think! :oops:

10. they are dished out like sweets (medals office being the grumpy stingy sweetshop owner)

11. If they were dished out like sweets mine would be mouldy after nearly 3 years waiting :lol: :lol:

Although I have heard a rumour that it's finally caught up with me and is in RHQ.

No doubt waiting for the heavens to open to present them. :x :x