Iraq Reconstruction Service Medal

Discussion in 'Multinational HQ' started by ACAB, Aug 29, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Trying to find a company that can supply a miniature of this medal with no luck so far, Anyone had any positive results???

2. Try Raymond D Holdich - 7 Whitcomb Street, London W1

3. Just got off the phone from my supplier, having tried to order a miniature Iraq Reconstruction Service Medal.

He said that they are not able to produce any due to an ongoing copyright action between the medal designer and the HM Govt.

Anybody heard about this?

Can't understand how a medal can be designed and the Crown not own the copyright? Unless it is the Queens head copyright that is in question?

4. I'm gonna bump this. I'm looking for one in minature.....Google is giving me nowt. any ideas

5. What about a miniture Iraq with the reconstrucion ribbon untill the issue is sorted??

6. Apparently the RMP PRI can sort it

7. Yes, that would be right...onecopyright law for the monkeys and one for the rest of the world! No change there!

8. Do they deal if you're not a monkey?

9. Believe so, all they care about is if you pay or not !

10. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Can we get one of Slingsby's Bears doing reconstruction? A new medal would be nice ;)

Any offers to take a Bear?

11. Worcestershire Medal Services are selling them at £20 each +VAT + Postage ................ ouch!

12. Got mine direct from the Royal Mint

13. Just like coppers the world over - if you believe the cynical hand-wringing loony left

14. forgot about this....would someone be so kind as to furnish me with details of Monkey PRI

TA

15. bump
    bump