Iraq Reconstruction Service Medal

Discussion in 'Medals' started by bigjarofwasps, Feb 21, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi Guys,

Have recently discovered the existance of this medal, however, have been unable to confirm any criteria, can anyone shine any light on it?

Attached Files:

2. Yep - here: IRSM doc

3. Forgot to add - most likely military personnel to recieve this will be RMP CP in Baghdad attached to FCO.

4. Members of the Armed Forces, working with or seconded to HMG Departments, and who do not
    qualify for the Iraq (Campaign) Medal.

Service already counted towards the award of the Operation TELIC military medal cannot qualify for the civilian medal. There will be some circumstances in which individuals might qualify for both the civilian and the military medal for different periods and differing types of service.

5. Questions...

1. How can you be in Iraq (Armed Forces), and not qualify for the Iraq Medal?

2. What are the chances of getting a two medals for one tour?

6. Miltary Attache, CP (they are there to fulfill a different role as to the one stipulated in the TELIC award criteria) etc...

Some got two medals for the UN/NATO Bosnia tour during the transition.....

7. I believe the old two for one Bosnia scam is quite common, I know that loads of medics where on this tour, jammy bastards!!!

8. Must of been me then! :thumleft:

9. So, if I understand this, a South African mercenary who worked for a British PSC for a couple of months would qualify, but an Iraqi translator who has worked in Basra for British forces since 2003 doesn't?

Nice.

I can see the headlines in the papers "the medal for mercenaries"...

10. What about all the Indian guys who work for KBR in the cook house, will they get the medal too?

11. It'd be seriously embarassing to wear this lol

Guaranteed a few laughs at dinner parties though!

12. TO THOSE OF YOU WHO THINK THIS AWARD IS A JOKE, PLEASE GET A LIFE. I HAVE EIGHT MEDALS, AND THIS ONE MEANS MORE TO ME THAN ANY OTHER ONE I HAVE BEEN AWARDED.

NOT ALL PEOPLE WHO HAVE BEEN AWARDED THIS MEDAL, WORKED IN IRAQ FOR LOADS OF MONEY, SOME GUYS WORKED WITH IRAQI POLICE, PRISON SERVICE ETC TRYING TO ACHIVE AN AIM.

I WILL ALWAYS LOOK AT MY MEDAL AND REMEMBER ALL THOSE IRAQI GUYS WHO DIED, TRYING TO MAKE IRAQ A BETTER PLACE TO LIVE. SO IF YOU WANT SOMETHING TO LAUGH AT DURING A DINNER PARTY, JUST REMEMBER, WERE YOU THERE!!!!

13. Isn't KBR an american company?

14. msr

msr LE

and for the rest of us, a "It's always time for G9" t-shirt...

msr

15. Hello all just wondering if anyone can awnser my question , ive just been awared the above medal , i do Close Protection for the FCO out of the British Embassy in Baghdad , im also am ex reg , but im in the TA now am i allowed to court mount this medal and wear it with the rest of my medals when in uniform (because all the military guys that work at the embassy that have been award it think we can ) also were would it come in line with the rest of the medals ,

many thanks