• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Iraq, R.I.P.

Should Britland "stay the course" (with the flamming Bush) or bail while the bailing is good?

• Get out now, to hell with GW Bush

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Let's wait until the "Yanks" blink first

• Let's stay in Iraq even if the "Yanks" leave

• Total voters
E

error_unknown

An old, wise, and respected US Warrior weighs in:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cach...hives/002088.html+odom+iraq+withdrawal+&hl=en

In an interview with Odom on the Today Show, the clueless Katie Couric threw the "what will it do for the reputation of this country" question at him, invoking "stick-to-it-ness" as some kind of sacred American principle, to which the General replied:

"I think you've misunderstood what I said. We have already failed. Staying in longer makes us fail worse. If we were a small power, we might have to worry about our so-called credibility. I don't think that's the issue. The issue is how effective we were going to use our power. The longer we st- ... if we blindly say we should stick to it, we're misusing our power and we're making it worse. Let me put it more bluntly. Let's suppose you murdered somebody, and you suddenly look and say, `We can't afford to have murdered this person, so therefore let's save him.' I think we've passed the chances to not fail. And now we are in a situation where we have to limit the damage. And the issue is just how much we are going to pay before we decide to limit the damage, not rescue ourselves by throwing good money after bad."
Is time for the "Yanks" and their remaining "allies" to depart the Tigis and Euphrates?

E

error_unknown

The_Sloping_Wire said:
Generalquarters said:
It is time for the "Yanks" and their remaining pet attack dogs to depart the Tigis and Euphrates.
Who on earth do you mean? :roll:
I am assuming "poodles" (aka Tony Blair) can be trained to attack something, even if only their feed bags, at meal time . . .

Generalquarters said:
I am assuming "poodles" (aka Tony Blair) can be trained to attack something, even if only their feed bags, at meal time . . .
Feed bags? Under your logic, the inference is that the UK should attack the US? Is that what you mean?

Meal time? What do you mean by this?

I think anyone with a brain understands where General Odom is coming from, but how about you let us draw our own conclusions from his words.

Your pap disection only serves to obscure his meaning - he has credibility - you don't.

Sorry.

E

error_unknown

Generalquarters said:
It is time for the "Yanks" and their remaining pet attack dogs to depart the Tigis and Euphrates.
Bush has his own pet attack dogs :roll: ...Whilst we may have faithfully barked to his tune (thankyou Tony)
Brits are more like the wise and skilled working sheep dogs :D
Ok...I personally doubt that much on the ground will be changing for quite some time- Rome wasn't built in a day after all.
Whatever ones view regarding the initial invasion we British cannot now abandon Iraq without first ensuring a stable future for the Iraqi people.
Interesting idea that the Spams may withdraw..nothing would surprise me...but regardless of what they do, Britain must be responsible for her own actions and see this thing through, like it or not.

GQ i'm wondering would you have the balls to say to any of us, in person, we were Bush's "pet attack dogs". I think not. Gobshite.

Ahh...my very good chum MM sums up the mood perfectly (as ever)

I'd also like to know why the word 'Yanks' is in inverted commas? Is that offensive in some way?

And where the hell is 'Britland'. Are we expected to attribute rational argument to an individual who doesn't even know what this country is called?

E

error_unknown

Maybe gives you all a better idea of what you are up against with Americans in general. Though I am starting to get the impression you already know. :lol:

Be advised I read a lot more than I post on arrse because, unlike may folks in America around me, I am interested in trying to understand a little bit about what is going on over there. So, . . .

The_Sloping_Wire said:
Ahh...my very good chum MM sums up the mood perfectly (as ever)

I'd also like to know why the word 'Yanks' is in inverted commas? Is that offensive in some way? It was suggested that I not use your slang (though it rolls so nicely of the tongue). Therefore, if I use it I am putting it in "quotes" (the inverts are an error).

And where the hell is 'Britland'. Are we expected to attribute rational argument to an individual who doesn't even know what this country is called?It is a mix of "Britain" and "England" which I use when speaking over here. Sorry, did not mean to offend. However, I have never been to England, Britain (is there a difference?), or the UK for that matter and at this point (as was correctly pointed out in another topic) I probably do not know the difference. So flog away I guess or pm me with information to keep me out of goal here. :wink:

Suggest you get it sorted and understand the closest ally of the USA. England & Britain are subtly different aspects. If you are that well-read, then this is a massive display of ignorance.

E

error_unknown

Mr_C_Hinecap said:
Suggest you get it sorted and understand the closest ally of the USA. England & Britain are subtly different aspects. If you are that well-read, then this is a massive display of ignorance.
Send me air fare and I will come over and hang out for awhile and correct it. :wink:

Qtrs - if you don't even understand the difference between 'England' and 'Breat Britain' then you need to go back to basics with an atlas (like a big book of maps).

Then, pick between 'Great Britain' and 'The United Kingdom'. You can then progress to understanding those folk who disagree with the concept of both.

Qtrs - you have become less of a c*ck of late - good drills fella! However, how on earth you can post on this site if you can't even grasp elementary geography is beyond me, but then I'm slow - perhaps someone can help me out?

Mr H - apologies for treading on your point! (you horrible lanky namby-pamby flyboy) :D

The United Kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland

Great Britain - Act of Union 1707 brought together the Kingdom of Scotland and the Kingdom of England and Wales

'nough said.

TJ

E

error_unknown

Generalquarters said:
However, I have never been to England, Britain (is there a difference?), or the UK for that matter and at this point (as was correctly pointed out in another topic) I probably do not know the difference.
To be fair you are doing ok.
Most Americans seem to consider Britain just a part of the
United States of Europe.

E

error_unknown

olive_green said:
Generalquarters said:
However, I have never been to England, Britain (is there a difference?), or the UK for that matter and at this point (as was correctly pointed out in another topic) I probably do not know the difference.
To be fair you are doing ok.
Most Americans seem to consider Britain just a part of the
United States of Europe.
:wink:

sorry sloping wire - just that its realy rather pedestrian an accomplishment to know that. the question is - will he read it and then apply it to his comments? that would be the test...

also, just realised how awfully posh that all sounded - and am so impressed i will leave it!

TJ

Get your sorry, fat American ass over the pond and see somewhere with history a little older than a car! You might get to put yourselves in perspective when you actually SEE another place rather than reading or seeng it on Fox news.

Mr_C_Hinecap said:
(to General Quarters)
Get your sorry, fat American ass over the pond and see somewhere with history a little older than a car! You might get to put yourselves in perspective when you actually SEE another place rather than reading or seeng it on Fox news.
For reactions to this comment please see the 'GQ- what happens next to him?' thread, thank you! 8O

This GQ chappie is a total Richard Head and a Douglas Hurd.....
Someone ban him...views in a democracy are fine but when are they are total BS the answer in a democracy is to punch his lights out ! What a total twat...no wonder a small minority like him can earn his country the reputation of being really really thick !

Rhino_Stopper said:
This GQ chappie is a total Richard Head and a Douglas Hurd.....
Someone ban him...views in a democracy are fine but when are they are total BS the answer in a democracy is to punch his lights out ! What a total t**t...no wonder a small minority like him can earn his country the reputation of being really really thick !
Oh for God sake Rhino step and and say what you really mean , and no frills please!

PMSL! :lol: :lol: :lol: :wink: