Iraq, R.I.P.

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by error_unknown, May 31, 2004.

?
  1. Get out now, to hell with GW Bush

45.7%
  2. Let's wait until the "Yanks" blink first

20.0%
  3. Let's stay in Iraq even if the "Yanks" leave

34.3%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. An old, wise, and respected US Warrior weighs in:

http://64.233.167.104/search?q=cache:2ZUqSu2jB2UJ:www.parapundit.com/archives/002088.html+odom+iraq+withdrawal+&hl=en

Is time for the "Yanks" and their remaining "allies" to depart the Tigis and Euphrates?

2. Who on earth do you mean? :roll:

3. I am assuming "poodles" (aka Tony Blair) can be trained to attack something, even if only their feed bags, at meal time . . .

4. Feed bags? Under your logic, the inference is that the UK should attack the US? Is that what you mean?

Meal time? What do you mean by this?

I think anyone with a brain understands where General Odom is coming from, but how about you let us draw our own conclusions from his words.

Your pap disection only serves to obscure his meaning - he has credibility - you don't.

Sorry.

5. Bush has his own pet attack dogs :roll: ...Whilst we may have faithfully barked to his tune (thankyou Tony)
    Brits are more like the wise and skilled working sheep dogs :D
    Ok...I personally doubt that much on the ground will be changing for quite some time- Rome wasn't built in a day after all.
    Whatever ones view regarding the initial invasion we British cannot now abandon Iraq without first ensuring a stable future for the Iraqi people.
    Interesting idea that the Spams may withdraw..nothing would surprise me...but regardless of what they do, Britain must be responsible for her own actions and see this thing through, like it or not.

6. GQ i'm wondering would you have the balls to say to any of us, in person, we were Bush's "pet attack dogs". I think not. Gobshite.

7. Ahh...my very good chum MM sums up the mood perfectly (as ever)

I'd also like to know why the word 'Yanks' is in inverted commas? Is that offensive in some way?

And where the hell is 'Britland'. Are we expected to attribute rational argument to an individual who doesn't even know what this country is called?

8. Maybe gives you all a better idea of what you are up against with Americans in general. Though I am starting to get the impression you already know. :lol:

Be advised I read a lot more than I post on arrse because, unlike may folks in America around me, I am interested in trying to understand a little bit about what is going on over there. So, . . .

9. Suggest you get it sorted and understand the closest ally of the USA. England & Britain are subtly different aspects. If you are that well-read, then this is a massive display of ignorance.

10. Send me air fare and I will come over and hang out for awhile and correct it. :wink:

11. Qtrs - if you don't even understand the difference between 'England' and 'Breat Britain' then you need to go back to basics with an atlas (like a big book of maps).

Then, pick between 'Great Britain' and 'The United Kingdom'. You can then progress to understanding those folk who disagree with the concept of both.

Qtrs - you have become less of a c*ck of late - good drills fella! However, how on earth you can post on this site if you can't even grasp elementary geography is beyond me, but then I'm slow - perhaps someone can help me out?

Mr H - apologies for treading on your point! (you horrible lanky namby-pamby flyboy) :D

12. The United Kingdom of great Britain and Northern Ireland

Great Britain - Act of Union 1707 brought together the Kingdom of Scotland and the Kingdom of England and Wales

'nough said.

TJ

13. TJ - you have totally ruined an excellent project for Qtrs! :D

14. To be fair you are doing ok.
    Most Americans seem to consider Britain just a part of the
    United States of Europe.

15. :wink: