Iraq Medals

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Zorro, Mar 18, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Good to see so many medals being awarded for sterling work by one and all on Op TELIC (Thats Iraq in case you live in a cave!) but someone seems to have forgotten the Royal Corps of :(

Is it just me or do we always get forgotten.

I remember on Op Granby every Grunt, Plank and Tankie got a gong but the only scally who got anything was the power sgt as he always made sure the Brig had light for his 9x9!!

Don't forget without comms nothing happens (see my signature!)

2. I'm sorry. Who are you?

3. JB

JB Clanker

Yes, and I'm sure that when we start to award "something happens" medals RSigs will be at the front of the queue. At the moment we're doing gallantry medals and they're mostly going to teeth arms. Wow, go figure...

4. CBE, OBE, MBE not sure they are gallentry awards are they? :roll:

Royal Signals soldiers are on foot patrol in Iraq, throughout the country not just MND(SE), went with 1 BW to Dogwood, got blown up doing thier job, I could go on but it would be wasted effort.

Everytime the British Army go anywhere the first people out the door are scallies my 'teeth arm' friends to set up the comms links so they are normally around somewhere when something happens.

Not knocking anyone who got awarded a medal for gallentry, all well deserved but as this is a Sigs Forum, i believe we always get forgotten. How many Sqn Comdrs have been awareded anything over the last 4 TELICs and how many BG and Bn comdrs have (inc RA and Engr)

5. Thanks for that comment fella, much appreciated, those 2 that lost their legs on the Dog Wood mission were both Signals, much as other arms may gripe at the Signals and much as our Corps seems to be getting dragged down by the childish moaning that goes on here which to be honest is an embaressment to the Corps. EVERY major opporation that goes on has an attatchment from Signals involved (weather its one man or one unit) often in the thick of it with the teeth arms. As Zorro stated Signals are doing foot patrols around the Telic theater, our Troop is preped now to go in an Infantry role. There have been awards to the Corps but they were back from Telic 1/2.

6. What do you expect? At least 'op granby' was an op. And not a cluster fcuk. I was 7bde hq, and i got my medals. Maybe you are a remf, sat somewhere safe and sound and dont deserve a combat medal lol.

7. I may be completely wrong but my recollection is that CO 1ADSR got an OBE.

Glad to hear that the power sgt got something, anyway.

8. HEY HACKLE, OUR TROOP SSGT GOT AN MBE, FOR WHAT I ASK, HE HAD HIS FACE SO FAR UP BRIG CORDINGLY'S ASS WE COULD HARDLY SEE HIS BOOTS. I STILL THINK HE RECOMMENDED HIMSELF. YEAH CO 1ADSR DID

9. Medal, maybe when my ARRSE sings a tune 3rd tour of Iraq due next year so maybe a number 3 on it, would be nice to get the ribbon, or how about spending a least a month with the wife and kids.
    Apologies speaking shite once again cos I got to do my 3 months in Poland before that.

10. Cow

Cow LE

Wounder if any one will ever get one? on telic one and havent heard a thing still.... dont really expect to, have the ribbon on just in case though... :roll:

11. Lads try being a Medic 5th Tour of Telic coming in Sptember !!