Iraq-Is the military pulling the politicans out of the pooh?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by rubicon, Apr 25, 2004.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. :?: Is it just me or is it once again the military who are pulling the politicians out of the pooh? They get us in to a war under false pretences and then when it all goes wrong – as it is now – we poor buggers are told to go and sort it all out. I may be wrong but does anyone else hold similar views?

:(

2. What is new? dug Thatcher out of the sh*t in '82 (anyone remember the Nott Review?) Blair during Foot and Mouth Crisis and Fireman's strike. In fact, I would go as far to say that every time the Forces have been called in to "aid the civil powers" it is because the politicians at a national or local level have f*cked things up through inaction or incompetency.
    Here is a debating point: During the sixties, if the devolved government in NI had been a bit less hidebound, don't you think there was at least a chance that we could of avoided the last 35 years of cr*p in the Province?

3. Conscript Euan Bliar and the Bush twins (they'd all like the alcoholic lifestyle) and see how many wars our Glorious Leaders start then!