IRAQ, IRAN, AFG - free 24/7 online service - [url][/url]

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by GuyT, May 17, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. TEMPLETON THORP launches IRAQ & IRAN realtime service -

TT-IRAQ ( is a free, online, 24/7 and multi-perspective service created by TEMPLETON THORP.

At a time of increasing media censorship and interference, we believe that individuals should be able to access as many sources of information as possible, so that they may be able to form their own opinions and views of global events. It is for this reason that we have adapted the technology developed over the past three years for our popular TT TOTAL INTELLIGENCE subscription service, to produce this free service covering Iraq.

TT-IRAQ attempts to reflect in a well balanced manner the views and reporting on Iraq of the international press, including those views expressed by news agencies in the Middle East, the Former Soviet Union and China.

TT-IRAQ not only covers Iraq, but also events in Iran and Afghanistan, and a number of other related topics such as the London 7/7 bombings.

TEMPLETON THORP, along with its sister company TT INFOTEK, is an independent organisation with no political affiliations. It does not necessarily support the views expressed by any of the news agencies or information providers featured on its TT-IRAQ service.

If you like the TT-IRAQ service, please recommend to friends, family and work colleagues to whom you feel the service will be of use and of interest.

Many thanks.

Kindest Regards.

2. Hi guys,

A note on the press release we posted earlier...

TT-IRAQ ( is a service that we hope will be popular with absolutely anyone in and connected with the Forces. It's benfits are numerous:
    - Its information on Iraq is broken down by cities. This means that family & friends of troops in Iraq can follow events in the region where their loved ones are located.
    - Its coverage also includes Iran, Afghanistan and the London 7/7 bombings.
    - It's a 24/7 realtime and online service.
    - Its information sources are multi-perspective - including sources from the US, the Middle East, Russia and China - giving a global view on events. This also means that we pick up stories quicker than anyone else.
    - It's free.
    - It's easy to use.

The technology has been adapted from an extensive service that we have built over the last three years on the former Soviet Union and C&E/SE Europe which we sell to banks, companies etc. Take a look at if you want to see full details on our services.

Please take a look at TT-IRAQ (, and recommend it to friends and family if you like it and find it useful. Feedback is always welcome, so if you have any comments (or criticism), we'd like to hear them.

We genuinely hope that you will find it a very useful and informative service.

Many thanks for your time.

Best Regards.

3. Have you contacted site admin for permission to advertise on this site?
  4. Mate, you are about to enjoy a short life on this site. Swamping the site with repetitive posts is bone.

Bye Bye
  5. Apologies to both of you guys. No offence meant.

I have spoken to the site administration and was advised by Bad CO and Rob to post.

I only listed it under the 3 areas I thought might be interested.

I apologise again.

6. Fastmedic,

I'm sorry - I genuinely thought the service might be of interest and of use. If it looks a waste of time to you when you've taken a look at it, please confirm.

7. Well guys, as I said if you take a look at and you think it's a waste of time, please feel free to give me a verbal hammering.

After all, it's a free service, what can you lose?

8. Notwithstanding the apparent breach of protocol, for which the poster has apologised, the site looks of potential interest to those who might want a more balanced, or at least wider, understanding of events in Iraq, and global perception of them. If the bloke took advice, made the wrong decision in good faith and has then politely said sorry, my humble view is that is probably enough, withoutthe need for further vehement castigation. British media (BBC/Sun etc) get enough of a pasting on this site (and rightly so), that the ability to access wider media might be of use?

No axe to grind either way.
  9. Many thanks for your comment Dilfor.
  10. Bad CO

Bad CO LE Admin Reviews Editor Gallery Guru

My fault here guys, I did advise Guy to post on the site. He did have the decency to approach us first and does have something that would appear to be of interest. I normally advise people of the etiquette for posting on ARRSE (i.e single post and a caveat that they have spoken to us). I forgot to do so in this case as I was in a rush when I replied to his email. Can the dogs therefore be called off!!

I'll try and corral all the threads into a single one when I get home ......
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.