Iraq invasion was a prelude to Iran invasion?

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by ghost_us, Feb 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've been debating this with friends and I'm a firm believer that the only reason we invaded Iraq was so that we cleared up the airspace threats from Iraq in order to invade or strike Iran.

What do you guys think?

2. Quite a wide open and dare i say it, somewhat immature and weak statement add some meat to the bones of why you (or your friends) think this and this could be quite a good thread.

Otherwise, i fear you may be in for some abuse, especially as a newbie.

3. There was me thinking i was alone...

We're saved

4. tinfoil hat time kiddiewinks
    think about it
    think about it again
    then go ask a grown up
    one who doesn't work at Mcronalds or Airsoft
    then come back
    cretin

5. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

Top Tip - those magic mushrooms are stronger than you think.

6. Don't get me wrong mate, I wouldn't be too surprised if Iran were to get a slap soon, but I don't think Dubya could think that far ahead, let alone plan 2 steps ahead on his own.
    Besides, why would we clear Iraq's airspace? Surely we should bother about Iran's airforce.
    You have been reading too many issues of "conspiracy monthly" methinks.

7. News at ten tonight is discussing the Iran issue, may be worth a watch to see what the gossip on the media front is. :yawnstretch:

8. Well, I'm not much of a master debater but I think that an extra 535 miles of border to defend against attack from any direction be it North from Turkey or the Caspian, East from Iraq, West from Afganistan or south from Qatar would either add some "fear factor" to Iran or put us in a position to attack from any of a number of locations.

This being the case, I do not think Dubbya even understood it when/if he was briefed on it. I do not think that they expected the type of resistance they are getting from Iraq now. They most likely expected to go in, take sadaam out and everyones happy. Now that sounds like a Dubbya plan.

With Sadaam out of the way, the US could (and did) install forward bases along the border with Iran. Under the guise of an Iraq invasion the buildup of forces, in a geopolitical sense would be deemed "normal" and then organizing an invasion over land across a border as opposed to an ocean with established bases and airfields would make sense.

Besides, imagine if Iraq was untouched, what would you have to do to invade Iran?

I may be wrong, but it's certainly not an impossibility.

9. You are, set tinfoil hat to cook slowly at gas mark 3.

10. chimera

chimera LE Moderator

You are.

11. Deal with the Iraqi Air Force in much the same manner as it was actually dealt with?

12. I firmly believe Iraq was set to be a launchpad into Iran and then into Syria. Why? Because Israel saw Iran ans Syria as bigger threats than Iraq. And we all know the Iraq invasion was the US doing the dirty work for Israel, don't we?

In the weeks after the fall of Baghdad, the US, giddy with a swift 'victory' was already threathening the Syrians and the Iranians.

This was published in '03.

http://www.commondreams.org/views03/0417-03.htm

Another story published at around the same time.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/03/28/sprj.irq.pentagon.syria/index.html

Something happened along the way to convince Rummy it might do him good to hold his guns. The insurgency perhaps?

13. just as a note of wisdom.

conspiracy theories are just that. theories.

theres always a little truth in whats going on even if it is mislaid and twisted into a horific "theory"

BUT, at what point does a theory become a reality? if everyone in the planet had to derive a theory, many theories would come to the same conclusions. but someone is always right.

not saying that the above is right, but who can say it isnt wrong either. the real proof is out of reach and therefore, a little too early to start a CT without getting hammered for it.

get proof, get the story, write a theory. but tbh becareful where u write it.

until then keep it in the pub

14. In 50 years they will open the box to the public, I'll be long gone by that stage.

It will probably turn out to be the best intelleigence coup in history. Someone conned Uncle Sam big time. Bearing in mind that the world new IRAQ didn't have any nasty surprises, who had the most to gain to see the Iraqis turned over?

Why; their age old enemy Iran. They probably supplied the bogus info, lit the blue touch paper and stood back to watch - and then reap the benefits of the post invasion debacle. The real question is what did Bush say to B liar to get him on board? :frustrated: