Iraq - Fridge - Squaddie - Mmmmmmm

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by IS Ski Geek, Aug 2, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. IS Ski Geek

IS Ski Geek War Hero Moderator

It was reported today that a Soldier from the medics has come down with hypothermia in Iraq. The Lance Corporal was reported to have climbed into a fridge after getting too hot and not being able to sleep. He was claimed to have become trapped inside and was later found after another soldier heard banging noises.

The soldier was said to be embaressed

2. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

I can indeed confirm this!

It is now wise to whistle in the water reefer when getting a cold one from the back, In fact it nearly happened twice!

3. Please don't tell me that he was trying to sleep in there.

4. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Luckily he was re-warmed in record time- about 4 seconds!

5. :D :D :D I read about it on ceefax on Firday morning and nearly choked on my breakfast from laughing, question is did he get a good kip:lol: :lol: :lol:

6. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Not in his shorts and t-shirt!

7. HLS

HLS Old-Salt

The man deserves a medal, if only for raising morale :lol:

Q man, you wouldn't be a a fellow Gooner by any chance?

8. And now we are 3........

[​IMG]

Home of the Mighty Cockney Heroes , and far superior to any other club that's at the wrong end of the Seven Sisters...

9. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

PTP- you've made my day!

10. What was the treatment - leave him out in the sun until the icicles dropped off his dick?

11. He was bound to have been trying to sleep in there. It was probably the only place to sleep because all the a/c had been taken for the hierarchy. A mere Lance Corporal - sleeping in a cold place - never.

12. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Hate to be a party pooper, but I asked the Med wallahs at Div, and they had no record of this. It was, I beleive, a rumour started at the 'orrible Shaibah Log Base, where boredom is a way of life....

Meanwhile, things here in Basra continue to hot up (look out for the (bad) news any minute...)

13. No bad news on Sky yet.........

Some very pretty fireworks tonight.

14. Ventress

Ventress LE Moderator

Hate to pi$$ on your chips Snowy but-
    I think the answer is in your post, the 'Med wallahs at Div or NSE don't even know it's hot- in fact they couldn't find their arsse with both hands! I doubt if they would be notified of a 'faux pas' in a Fd Hosp. trust me it's true- I am here!

In fact hypothermia is a problem as the air con addicts suffer when they only spend an hour outside of it a day!

15. 2nd medic goes down with hypothermia...... It has happened again this time the individual was sleeping in a fridge or should I say air conditioned tentage!! Just goes to show that air conditioning is not always that good for you. Join the rest of us in camp x-ray, put your bed outside at night and pray for a slight breeze to cool you down and assist you to sleep!!!!