• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Iraq Fatality 28/02/07

http://www.mod.uk/DefenceInternet/DefenceNews/MilitaryOperations/BritishSoldierKilledInIraq.htm

It is with deep regret that the MOD must confirm the death of a British soldier in Iraq as a result of an incident on the morning of 27 February 2007.
MOD Announcement . Opens in a new window.

The soldier was serving with the 2nd Battalion The Rifles (formerly 1st Battalion Royal Green Jackets). He was on a routine patrol in the Al Maqil district of Basra which was attacked by small arms fire.

The soldier sustained very serious injuries and despite receiving the best possible medical care at a field hospital in theatre, he later died from his wounds.

Next of kin have been informed and have requested a 24 hour period before further details are released.

Swift and Bold, RIP Chosen man - stand down and rest easy son your job is done and tonight I'll toast the life of another brave soldier. My thoughts are with you and your family.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
Rest in Peace young man.
as so many times in the last 4 years, my thoughts and prayers are with those family, friends and colleagues grieving.

But as I turned to walk away, a tear fell from my eye,
for all life, I’d always thought I didn’t want to die.
I had so much to live for and so much yet to do.
it seemed almost impossible that I was leaving you.
I thought of all the love we shared and all the fun we had.
If I could relive yesterday, I thought, just for a while,
I’d say goodbye and hug you and maybe see you smile.

Lee Shaver

Latest Threads