Iraq Constitution: Bad news for Christians

By William John Hagan
World Net Daily

10/19/2005

The new Iraq Constitution gives hope that, in a post-Saddam era, this ancient nation may arise as the first truly democratic republic in the Middle East. Unfortunately, the operative word here is "hope." The new Constitution, with the blessings of the United States and Great Britain, has instead turned the once-secular Iraq into an Islamic republic.

The new Iraqi Constitution states, as follows: "Article (2): 1st - Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation: (a) No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam." The reality is that this new constitution subjugates Iraq's 700,000 Christians, its less than 100 remaining Jews, and an indeterminate number of secular Iraqis to the reign of Islamic law.

(Excerpt) Read more at http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=46915

That's "Democracy" for you. Do you doubt for a second that the Shaved Chimp and his base wouldn't want a Christian theocracy in the US given half a chance?

The UK has official religions also and not so long ago it used to mean something substantial. Today it means little more than having to wait until 1000 to go to Tesco and Halfords on a Sunday. Thank fcuk.

No sh!t Sherlock. It took Saddam, the Ba'ath party, some secret police and a lot of corpses to keep the Mullahs down before we invaded. Why act surprised now we've given them freedom to operate ?

That's "Democracy" for you. Do you doubt for a second that the Shaved Chimp and his base wouldn't want a Christian theocracy in the US given half a chance?

I am part of his base. We do not want a Theocracy in Iraq. I don't know where you are located but you have a seriously distorted view of both Bush and his base.

It seems you would delight in deaths and destruction in Iraq, just so you can rave about President Bush. GET SOME THERAPY

now if you were part of the part of the base I say you need to find Christ

WJHII said:

By William John Hagan
World Net Daily

10/19/2005

The new Iraq Constitution gives hope that, in a post-Saddam era, this ancient nation may arise as the first truly democratic republic in the Middle East. Unfortunately, the operative word here is "hope." The new Constitution, with the blessings of the United States and Great Britain, has instead turned the once-secular Iraq into an Islamic republic.

The new Iraqi Constitution states, as follows: "Article (2): 1st - Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation: (a) No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam." The reality is that this new constitution subjugates Iraq's 700,000 Christians, its less than 100 remaining Jews, and an indeterminate number of secular Iraqis to the reign of Islamic law.

Ever heard of research? Article 2 actually says...

Islam is the national religion and a basic foundation for the country's laws; however, freedom of religion is upheld.
So the point of your post was?

And I would imagine that there will be some tension when the authorities try to reconcile Articles 1 and 2 when applying the law. :roll:

I am quite aware that global politics is a complex affair, and the law of unintended consecquences applies, but I'm not sure that many of us hoped that what would be left after the dust settled was going to resemble another Saudi Arabia.

" don't know where you are located but you have a seriously distorted view of both Bush and his base."

Er Neo Con put me down on that list too.
john in serious need of Therapy
Think I'll go and see my therapist now whats her name

NEO_CON said:

I am part of his base. We do not want a Theocracy in Iraq. I don't know where you are located but you have a seriously distorted view of both Bush and his base.

It seems you would delight in deaths and destruction in Iraq, just so you can rave about President Bush. GET SOME THERAPY

staight jacket for this man before jesus tells him to kill the children please.

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
jonwilly said:
" don't know where you are located but you have a seriously distorted view of both Bush and his base."

Er Neo Con put me down on that list too.
john in serious need of Therapy
Think I'll go and see my therapist now whats her name
let's guess....Yoo No Fun.....all time Number One bang bang girly in Patpong road ....sucky f6cky ten bucks ! ( or has inflation kicked in Thai style!)

As to highly esteemed and learned mr.Bush and his base then we probably can relay on his own words

http://slate.msn.com/id/76886/

"Listen, I want to thank leaders of the—in the faith—faith-based and community-based community for being here."—Washington, D.C., Sept. 6, 2005.
Frankly speaking my English is not too good to understand this phrase completely but Mr.Bush tells sometimes very interesting things.

"You see, not only did the attacks help accelerate a recession, the attacks reminded us that we are at war."—Washington, D.C., June 8, 2005
In fact, mr.Bush predicted London bombings.

"Well, we've made the decision to defeat the terrorists abroad so we don't have to face them here at home. And when you engage the terrorists abroad, it causes activity and action."—Washington, D.C., April 28, 2005
Mr.Bush has a sober view about possible fate of American soldiers in Iraq

"I want to appreciate those of you who wear our nation's uniform for your sacrifice."—Jacksonville, Fla., Jan. 14, 2005
But some views of mr.Bush are strange. It appears that USA is not a free country (and the UK too)

"See, free nations are peaceful nations. Free nations don't attack each other. Free nations don't develop weapons of mass destruction."—Milwaukee, Wis., Oct. 3, 2003
It appears that Saddam is absolutely innocent.

"The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to terrorize himself."—Grand Rapids, Mich., Jan. 29, 2003
By contrast pres.Musharraf should be sentenced

"President Musharraf, he's still tight with us on the war against terror, and that's what I appreciate. He's a—he understands that we've got to keep al-Qaida on the run, and that by keeping him on the run, it's more likely we will bring him to justice."—Ruch, Ore., Aug. 22, 2002 (Thanks to Scott Miller.)
Goal of Mr.Bush is to protect the UK

"There's no bigger task than protecting the homeland of our country."
However Israel is a dangerous competitor

"There's nothing more deep than recognizing Israel's right to exist. That's the most deep thought of all. ... I can't think of anything more deep than that right."—Washington, D.C., March 13, 2002
In this context I begin to understand this prase

"I will have a foreign-handed foreign policy."—Redwood, Calif., Sept. 27, 2000
It appears that USA and Japan are good old friends

"For a century and a half now, America and Japan have formed one of the great and enduring alliances of modern times."—Tokyo, Japan, Feb. 18, 2002
So there were war-games in Perl-Habour.

"They misunderestimated me."—Bentonville, Ark., Nov. 6, 2000
Exactly!

Islam is the national religion and a basic foundation for the country's laws; however, freedom of religion is upheld.
The Constitution means nothing, its the events on the ground that matter.
Christians are fleeing Iraq with many going to Syria. No doubt they have had enough of the Mullahs and insurgents making their lives a living hell.

Re-edited for clarity.

castlereagh said:
Awol said:
Hmmm, so why are Christians fleeing Iraq (with many going to Syria) ? Could it be the resurgent Mullahs and insurgents are making their lives a living hell ? Constitution means nothing, its the events on the ground that matter.
Absolutely, Castle... My point was rather that the original post was nothing more than sensationalist drivel, and that the Constitution wasn't just a green light for a nasty fundamentalist islamic state.

Awol said:
castlereagh said:
Awol said:
Hmmm, so why are Christians fleeing Iraq (with many going to Syria) ? Could it be the resurgent Mullahs and insurgents are making their lives a living hell ? Constitution means nothing, its the events on the ground that matter.
Absolutely, Castle... My point was rather that the original post was nothing more than sensationalist drivel, and that the Constitution wasn't just a green light for a nasty fundamentalist islamic state.
Apologies - I have just re-read my orginal post and it looks like I am responding to you.
I meant to just use your citation of article 2, again apologies for any confusion.

no_angel

And I would imagine that there will be some tension when the authorities try to reconcile Articles 1 and 2 when applying the law.

I am quite aware that global politics is a complex affair, and the law of unintended consecquences applies, but I'm not sure that many of us hoped that what would be left after the dust settled was going to resemble another .
He is absolute right . Any construction over time will have stresses as they struggle to stay within the law. What they need to do is to have democratic process in place that can amend the law in a legal fashion.

Here's another constitution that has Islam as it's state religion and Its a federation.

Who set up this goverment?

Constitution of Malaysia

Article 3
1. Islam is the religion of the Federation; but other religions may be practised in peace and harmony in any part of the Federation

In Turkey which may soon becaome a member of the EU the

The mainstream Hanafi school of Sunni Islam is largely organized by the state, through Diyanet İşleri Başkanlığı (Department of Religious Affairs). The Diyanet is the main religious framework, successor to the Ulama, Seyh-ul-Islam and Caliph of the Ottoman Empire. As a consequence, they control all mosques and Muslim clerics. Imams are trained in Imam vocational schools and at an academic level at universities. The department is heavily critisized for not supporting religious beliefs asside from Sunni Islam.

NEO_CON said:
Any construction over time will have stresses as they struggle to stay within the law. What they need to do is to have democratic process in place that can amend the law in a legal fashion.
Aha!

But according to you, a democratically elected (and repeatedly confirmed) President who uses the correct proceedure and law to alter a constitution - is a dictator!

Oooops! I forgot. That only applies to countries and governments that you don't like! Countries that you do like can do anything they want and it's OK.

Awol said:
WJHII said:

By William John Hagan
World Net Daily

10/19/2005

No it does not. Here is the text: http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cach...24_08_05_constit.pdf+iraqi+constitution&hl=en

NEO_CON said:

Religious fundamentalists are all nuts.

NEO_CON said:

Read what I said. Shaved chimp etc want a CHRISTIAN theocracy in the US, NOT Iraq. Have been living in the US since August, 2001- have seen you w@nkers up close and personal for over four years.

A baseless and puerile statement that is beneath my contempt.

Thanks for demonstrating my initial point for me... I speak some Arabic, but can anyone remind me of what "the base" translates as? :twisted:

As for Christ, I can't say I know where he is, but the last confirmed reports had him being nailed to a big plank of wood outside Jerusalem for being a gobby bugger to the Romans. I'll start looking there and then move onto Waco. Apparently there was some bloke there a few years ago claiming to be him.

WJHII said:
Awol said:
WJHII said:

By William John Hagan
World Net Daily

10/19/2005

No it does not. Here is the text: http://64.233.187.104/search?q=cach...24_08_05_constit.pdf+iraqi+constitution&hl=en
YES IT DOES!!!

The precise wording depends on which translation you use, but even the one you point to - from the BBC - it says, in plain language in black and white:

Article (2):
1st - Islam is the official religion of the state and is a basic source of legislation:
(a) No law can be passed that contradicts the undisputed rules of Islam.
(b) No law can be passed that contradicts the principles of democracy.
(c) No law can be passed that contradicts the rights and basic freedoms outlined in this constitution.
2nd - This constitution guarantees the Islamic identity of the majority of the Iraqi people and the full religious rights for all individuals and the freedom of creed and religious practices.

Article (3): Iraq is a multiethnic, multi-religious and multi-sect country. It is part of the Islamic world and its Arab people are part of the Arab nation.
It really does help if you actually bother to read further than the lines that suit your deliberate attempt to pervert the truth!!!!

Do you think we are all so stupid?????????

You have now linked to 3 of your 'texts'. None of which has been credible. You twist and invent facts to suit your needs. Go back to posting to the gullible american public that clearly lap up your drivvel.

Good bye.

Latest Threads