Iraq casualties 9 Feb 07

Your link doesnt work, heres the correct link - http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/world/iraq/article1359093.ece

Several British troops are believed to have been injured in two near-simultaneous attacks which today struck in Basra today, The Times understands.

One incident is said to have involved a roadside bomb striking a British convoy south of Basra, causing a number of casualties according to sources.

Another attack saw a mortar or rocket land on the Basra Palace complex, which is the base for several hundred British troops as well housing the British Consulate General and a US consulate.

A Times reporter in Basra witnessed a medical helicopter flying from the city centre to Basra airport, where the main military hospital is based. Usually, military helicopters do not fly in Basra in daylight as it is too dangerous – a rule which is only broken in emergency situations.

More details soon

BBC saying one dead and three injuries. Poor souls.

RIP and a quick recovery.

RIP Mate, my thoughts and prayers, as ever, to His family and friends.

Wishing a very speedy recovery to the wounded

Just looked on sky news and it says:
American helicopters have mistakenly launched a deadly attack on Kurdish positions in Northern Iraq, reports have said.
At least five police officers were killed.
American officials said the helicopter crews believed they had been targeting Al Qaeda guerrillas.

it might be worth having a read on the website as the story goes on....
hope this helps.
Chiefy
x

chiefy253 said:
Just looked on sky news and it says:
American helicopters have mistakenly launched a deadly attack on Kurdish positions in Northern Iraq, reports have said.
At least five police officers were killed.
American officials said the helicopter crews believed they had been targeting Al Qaeda guerrillas.

it might be worth having a read on the website as the story goes on....
hope this helps.
Chiefy
x
What the hells that got to do with this thread :frustrated:

RIP to the deceased and speedy recovery to the other lads involved

Now appearing on the news sites

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,30000-1250889,00.html

Breaking News British Soldier Killed By Iraq Bomb
Updated: 13:44, Friday February 09, 2007

A roadside bomb has killed at least one British soldier and wounded three others in southern Iraq.

The latest fatality bring to 101 the number of UK military personnel that have died in action in the country since the US-led invasion in 2003.

More follows...

B_AND_T

MIA
Book Reviewer
RIP. Thoughts with family and friends.

RIP Mate stand down job done my condolences to the family and speedy recovery to the injured

one more fallen hero, one more tire to cry and one more fight to win for him! RIP x thoughts and love with the family and friends at this momment in time. Sweet dreams my friend

As a quick sidenote are all snatch landrovers due to be replaced by bulldogs or is it only some?

Todays tragedy involved snatch.

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
The_0ne said:
As a quick sidenote are all snatch landrovers due to be replaced by bulldogs or is it only some?

Todays tragedy involved snatch.
RIP hope the injured get well soon
Goverment ought to be charged with corporate manslaughter over the fact we are still using snatch

Not the time or the place I know but I am fuming

the_boy_syrup

LE
Book Reviewer
Double post went in to spaz mode