Iraq bloodbath - deja vu

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by razorman, Sep 29, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another day, another atrocity:

Bombs kill at least 62 people

Death toll will probably rise. Also, despite a lull in attacks on US forces earlier this month (the insurgents seemed to be concentrating more on 'spectacular' attacks on Iraqi targets), in the last few days 15 or so US soldiers have been killed. Anyone got any ideas how things are going to get better?
  2. Razorman wrote:

"Anyone got any ideas how things are going to get better? "

Razors, are you GW Bush, desperately hoping for inspiration?
  3. If I was Bush, I would be laughing this off as another feeble insurgent failure to halt my march to glorious victory in Iraq :D
  4. When is it going to get to the stage when we are so used to hearing of fatalities each day that we just forget about it and pay it little attention? When will the media lose interest and place such attacks as an 'also in the news today' just after 'Mrs Miggins of Cleethorpes grows a humourous shaped obergine'?

Surely King George and Princess Tony will need to think of something to do to increase interest and viewing figures.

(How long did the Vietnam war last?)
  5. Perhaps if they started publishing figures for Iraqi deaths there'd be a bit more interest.... oh, no, sorry, they don't count do they, 'cos the Iraqis is all brown....
  6. It might sound silly that someone "only just realised" this, but I only just realised recently that the Vietnam War dragged on longer than WW1 and WW2 combined. Hmmmmmmmmmmm.
  7. People have been asking this one from day one, a Few where asking that question Before the invasion.

Shame the Two Ronnies* running the show didn't listen.

*To be fair the Two ronnies where funny, unlike these people.
  8. Well said Flashy.

When was the last time any of us read in the press about any form of violence in NI? Or a bomb courtesy of ETA? Or Chechnya? Or most of Africa?
  9. There is an obvious one - negotiations with real powers.
  10. Captain_Crusty

Captain_Crusty War Hero Reviewer Book Reviewer

A pretty poor example!
  11. When was the last time any of us read about Darfur? They're still getting killed and persecuted, and it's a non-story now.

Iraq will go the same way, because it's exactly what is wanted. I have news for Abbott and Costello, this is only a taster.