Iraq Black Watch Captain fatality

1517594127201.png

On Wednesday apparently.
Not enemy action it is reported.
Local to me but I did not know him.
Father of two.
It is reported he served in places including Northern Yugoslavia, Cyprus and Kosovo, Sudan, Angola and Germany.
Tragic.

I'd say he was probably attached to the Black Watch, tragic none the less.

Thank you. The BBC has it as Black Watch.
Appreciate your clarification.
Tragic of course, but given your username I thought that on an Army-centric website you'd know the difference between the AGC and the Royal Regiment of Scotland. Just by cap-badge and stuff, you know?

Still I suppose you can be excused, the BBC can't be.

Tragic - but that chap is AGC, not Black Watch.
Shows why you should never comment on Service deaths until the MoD have completed the notification process and press release. Can you imagine what numerous families went through needlessly because of extremely poor reporting?

Commiserations to the family and friends of Capt Sprouting AGC.

Shows why you should never comment on Service deaths until the MoD have completed the notification process and press release. Can you imagine what numerous families went through needlessly because of extremely poor reporting?

Commiserations to the family and friends of Capt Sprouting AGC.
How do you know the notification process wasn't completed? He died a couple of days ago - the papers have it today and thick journos have simply wet themselves over 'Black Watch'. They don't know who the AGC are.

3 Scots are in Iraq at the moment, I assume he was attached.

Edited to add; just read the link, obviously he was

How do you know the notification process wasn't completed? He died a couple of days ago - the papers have it today and thick journos have simply wet themselves over 'Black Watch'. They don't know who the AGC are.
Look at the date of the MoD press release; from experience I can tell you that they won't issue a press release until the notification process is complete to save not only the family concerned but those who may think they are from undue worry and grief.

Look at the date of the MoD press release; from experience I can tell you that they won't issue a press release until the notification process is complete to save not only the family concerned but those who may think they are from undue worry and grief.
You are of course right as to the process, but I have found no evidence of any media reports having appeared in advance of the MOD press release yesterday. The BBC report quoted the MOD and made it quite clear that the death two days previously had been officially announced. RIP.

Tragic indeed Previously in the event of a serious casualty all in theatre IT access would be closed I dare say something similar happened here hence the time lag till the full NOK process was followed.

Thoughts with Family and friends of the Officer concerned.

Sad news, thoughts and prayers with his family and friends. RIP

I knew Dean personally, worked with him in my last post.

He was AGC, and recently commissioned from the AGC Ranks. He initially joined as a Green Howard I think?

RIP Dean.