Iraq = Afghanistan. Bush owns up at last..

Well it took long enough but The Shrub has finaly come clean.

Bush speech with Q & A

THE PRESIDENT: Excuse me, excuse me. No President wants war. Everything you may have heard is that, but it's just simply not true. My attitude about the defense of this country changed on September the 11th. We -- when we got attacked, I vowed then and there to use every asset at my disposal to protect the American people. Our foreign policy changed on that day, Helen. You know, we used to think we were secure because of oceans and previous diplomacy. But we realized on September the 11th, 2001, that killers could destroy innocent life. And I'm never going to forget it. And I'm never going to forget the vow I made to the American people that we will do everything in our power to protect our people.

Part of that meant to make sure that we didn't allow people to provide safe haven to an enemy. And that's why I went into Iraq -- hold on for a second --

Q They didn't do anything to you, or to our country.

THE PRESIDENT: Look -- excuse me for a second, please. Excuse me for a second. They did. The Taliban provided safe haven for al Qaeda. That's where al Qaeda trained --

Q I'm talking about Iraq --

THE PRESIDENT: Helen, excuse me. That's where -- Afghanistan provided safe haven for al Qaeda. That's where they trained. That's where they plotted. That's where they planned the attacks that killed thousands of innocent Americans.

So he really does seem to think that Iraq = Afghanistan.

Comments?

Only surprised that his advisors actually let this one get through.

Old George W probably has some 'syndrome' that will come out during the next 'mud sling' (aka election)

More proof the man's a moron.

Bet the map on the cornor of his office is a big yellow one with "Here be terrorists" written on it every now and again.

Pre war. Briefing officer (instructed before hand to keep it simple)

"Mr President, if we invade this bit, we gets lots of oil..if we go here we get even more. Can I lend you my lucky coin to help you make up your mind.....?" 8O

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
in_the_cheapseats said:
More proof the man's a moron.

Bet the map on the cornor of his office is a big yellow one with "Here be terrorists" written on it every now and again.

Pre war. Briefing officer (instructed before hand to keep it simple)

"Mr President, if we invade this bit, we gets lots of oil..if we go here we get even more. Can I lend you my lucky coin to help you make up your mind.....?" 8O
silly man....any fule kno the map in the Oval Office looks like this:

Steven said:
Only surprised that his advisors actually let this one get through.
With his poll ratings in the mid-high 30s, about 26% of Americans thinking the country is heading in the right directions and Congressional Republicans buying up every pair of incontinence pants in the lower 48 states, this handlers are tried something new last week- unscripted press conferences and town hall meetings. Apparently it's all about letting his charm and charisma shine through. Either that or they're bored and just doing it for sh1ts and giggles.

Of course, this is the same conference where it was said:

Q Some say they are tired and even tone-deaf, even within your party who say that maybe you need some changes. Would you benefit from any changes to your staff?

THE PRESIDENT: I've got a staff of people that have, first of all, placed their country above their self-interests. These are good, hardworking, decent people. And we've dealt with a lot. We've dealt with a lot. We've dealt with war, we've dealt with recession, we've dealt with scandal, we've dealt with Katrina. I mean, they had a lot on their plate. And I appreciate their performance and their hard work and they've got my confidence.

And I understand -- Washington is a great town for advice. I get a lot of it -- sometimes in private, from my friends, and sometimes in public. There are those who like to stand up and say to the President, here's what you ought to be doing. And I understand that. This isn't the first time during these five-and-a-half years that people have felt comfortable about standing up, telling me what to do. And that's okay. I take it all in and appreciate the spirit in which it's delivered, most of the time. But -- no, look, I'm satisfied with the people I've surrounded myself with. We've been a remarkably stable administration. And I think that's good for the country.
One week later, his COS resigns. :) Not to mention the VP's former COS under indictment, his Deputy COS still under federal investigation and his domestic policy czar resigning, one month before he is charged with theft.

Police said they have been able to document 25 instances in which Allen tried to obtain refunds for items he was seen picking up from shelves at Target and Hecht's stores in Montgomery by using receipts for identical items he had bought earlier.
And a small matter of his Vice President (approval rating 18%) shooting an old guy in the face. :D

guns_r_us said:
Old George W probably has some 'syndrome' that will come out during the next 'mud sling' (aka election)
It won't matter as he can't stand anyway....

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
ironrations said:
guns_r_us said:
Seems to me that this can be the most difficult time...when a Pres starts thinking not about how to cling onto power...but about his "legacy".....

Goatman said:
ironrations said:
guns_r_us said:
Seems to me that this can be the most difficult time...when a Pres starts thinking not about how to cling onto power...but about his "legacy".....
I've often thought the same. If you've decided to be an evil leader nows the time. Unless you already started 3 years ago by invading sovereign states...

Latest Threads