Iraq = Afghanistan. Bush owns up at last..

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Steven, Mar 29, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Well it took long enough but The Shrub has finaly come clean.

Bush speech with Q & A

So he really does seem to think that Iraq = Afghanistan.

Comments?

2. ...and you're surprised at this statement because......?

3. Only surprised that his advisors actually let this one get through.

4. Old George W probably has some 'syndrome' that will come out during the next 'mud sling' (aka election)

5. in_the_cheapseats

in_the_cheapseats LE Moderator

More proof the man's a moron.

Bet the map on the cornor of his office is a big yellow one with "Here be terrorists" written on it every now and again.

Pre war. Briefing officer (instructed before hand to keep it simple)

"Mr President, if we invade this bit, we gets lots of oil..if we go here we get even more. Can I lend you my lucky coin to help you make up your mind.....?" 8O

6. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

silly man....any fule kno the map in the Oval Office looks like this:

[​IMG]

7. Clearly his earpiece failed again.

8. Thats very true

9. With his poll ratings in the mid-high 30s, about 26% of Americans thinking the country is heading in the right directions and Congressional Republicans buying up every pair of incontinence pants in the lower 48 states, this handlers are tried something new last week- unscripted press conferences and town hall meetings. Apparently it's all about letting his charm and charisma shine through. Either that or they're bored and just doing it for sh1ts and giggles.

Of course, this is the same conference where it was said:

One week later, his COS resigns. :) Not to mention the VP's former COS under indictment, his Deputy COS still under federal investigation and his domestic policy czar resigning, one month before he is charged with theft.

And a small matter of his Vice President (approval rating 18%) shooting an old guy in the face. :D

10. It won't matter as he can't stand anyway....

11. Goatman

Goatman LE Book Reviewer

Seems to me that this can be the most difficult time...when a Pres starts thinking not about how to cling onto power...but about his "legacy".....

12. I've often thought the same. If you've decided to be an evil leader nows the time. Unless you already started 3 years ago by invading sovereign states...