Iran's President Ahmadinejad challenges Barack Obama to TV debate

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by beemer007, Aug 2, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. As a previous offer by Washington has already been turned down by Bush, will Obama rethink his options?

"Mr Ahmadinejad has previously said that the US and Israel "don't have the courage" to attack Iran.

During a visit to Brazil at in November, he said an attack on Iran over its suspected nuclear programme was no longer a possibility "even for mentally challenged people".

"The age of military attacks is over, now we've reached the time for dialogue," he said. "Weapons and threats are a thing of the past."

Iran's President Ahmadinejad challenges Barack Obama to TV debate - Telegraph
  2. As a recovering scholar of International Relations, one of the few things that is guaranteed to lift my mood when mired in what is arguably the most depressing academic disciplines in the world* is the presence of a good, old-fashioned, honest-to-God nutter. It almost makes me sad that we spend so much time trying to figure out how to get rid of them.

For example, only this afternoon I read with delight of Hugo Chavez's exhortations to Jesus Christ to reanimate the mortal remains of Simon Bolivar:
    What I learned about Hugo Chávez's mental health when I visited Venezuela with Sean Penn. - By Christopher Hitchens - Slate Magazine

*There is stiff competition from gerontology but comparing genocide to Altzheimer's and pissing yourself in the pet food aisle at Asda is a bit like apples and oranges. The end result is the same though- everybody dies.