Irans army will cut off hands

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by SkiCarver, Apr 18, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I know Iran/Ahdememurmur has said this before.

Modoracle link

I assume that it has been mentioned to him by the security council that this would constitute a war crime, and as such, HE PERSONALLY will be tried by the International Criminal Court. :roll:

Also, is he really that stupid? That sort of threat will only serve to make the 'enemy' fight harder. This was understood thousands of years ago (Sun Tsu).

I guess he knows Iran will be hit sooner or later and is trying to prevent a ground offensive.

Either that or is he simply playing to the home audience? Or is he simply a 'troll' who likes to think himself big on the world stage?

What action should we take when someone in his position makes 'threats' like this?

2. Maybe his translator was shite and ended up literally translating

"Iran's Army will disarm any aggressors"
  3. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Just a thought but I'm getting used to the dear president. I think he is speaking metaphorically, the reason being he says 'the army will cut off the hand of the enemy' as opposed to 'soldiers will cut off the hand of the enemies'. The fact that both the subject and object are singular would lead me to this interpretation...but its moot.

Obviously I don't have the Farsi (not that I could read it anyway), but I'd wager he is talking about logistics and/or support. If this is what he means he may well have been reading ARRSE as people here have brought up supply lines in the region on multiple occasions. Just a thought...
  4. If it's me being dim and misreading it, then, well .... no change there!

Is a deliberate play on words to try and get a reaction?

He certainly is good at the whole publicity thing. hmm, kinda like hitler...

5. Anyone know where Comical Ali ended up? Maybe he's doing his old job in Iran?
  6. They also threatened to dye prisoners hair ginger..

Take the Hand! TAKE THE HAND!!!!
  7. He's proberbly referingto the tradional punsment for theifs and petty criminals. It goes to the heart of the matter, theat he sees aggressors as petty crims that will be punished. Its quite a clever speach for his audiance.

He's still a fuckwit though.
  8. He is always spouting retohric and upping himself and his country.

I still think he is a chopper though.
  9. Some sort of Kevlar armoured glove would probably be in order then :p

I'm just off to the garage to knock a few up so anyone who feels they want/need one, let me know.

10% discount with you're Arrse loyalty card of course.
  10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Not at all mate, I’m sure the double meaning was meant. I think he knows exactly what he's doing when he says things like this; he did it with the myth thing too. I think he has a mischievous sense of humour and spends quite a lot of his time tickling his own ribs while poking others', in that way he far more accomplished (intelligent and restrained) than Adolf. I hear he was a student leader; it would be very interesting to know what his degree(s) were in…
  11. I think he spend most of his university years at the US Embassy in Theran.
  12. How about mind your own effing business?

And how is retaliating against an invader a war crime exactly?

Invading sovereign states on the basis of lies and deceit, thats what you call a fecking war crime.
  13. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Sounds like the guy is quite civilised. Don't these chaps normally start with the head?

I'll get my gloves . . .
  14. What is some large persian with a sword going to do when 500 m1 tanks
    whose crew have all seen that bit in indiana jones rock up and start asking about a missing i pod (well its a better excuse than wmds )
  15. This maybe:

Attached Files: