Iranians starting to get annoyed at disappearing officers

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by spack_bandit, Mar 19, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It appears that our Iranian friends are starting to lose thier senior army officer with some regularity, and are, naturally, blaming the Americans:

I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be stupid enough to retaliate in Europe or kidnap US personnel.
  2. I wouldnt bank on it.
  3. My own humble and simplistic take on things:
    Is somebody increasing the pressure, trying to force Tehran into doing something rash so the moral high ground can be claimed?

Hopefully not
  4. What the fcuk is he doing in Iraq?
  5. Any clue that they are not just getting out from under whilst they can. I.e run aways and not seized by (?) Delta.
  6. methinks the almighty dollar has influenced many of these missing officers into absconding before the sh1t hits the fan :plotting:
  7. That's the view I take. Why kidnap when you can offer them a bucketload of money and asylum in exchange for spilling the beans?

I am also curious to know what a high ranking officer was doing in Iraq.
  8. In an article in Subhi Sadek, the Revolutionary Guard’s weekly paper, Reza Faker, a writer believed to have close links to President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, warned that Iran would strike back.

“We’ve got the ability to capture a nice bunch of blue-eyed blond-haired officers and feed them to our fighting cocks,” he said.

A fate worse than death perhaps? I hope the captured RN personnel are treated better than this!
  9. If they are so "top" and "important" and privy to such "sensitive" information... why haven't they got bodyguards?
  10. There's no way the SPAMs have kidnapped them. They'd have f*cked it up and lost at least 3 helicopters in the process. They'd have to bribe them out. Now, the Israelis, that's a different picture.
  11. Should be out at the cinema in the next 6 months.
  12. “We’ve got the ability to capture a nice bunch of blue-eyed blond-haired officers and feed them to our fighting cocks,” he said.

Hmmm this sounds like a job for 3 para Mortars.
  13. To be honest, if they think Israelis and Americans come from Europe, they've got problems that go way beyond disappearing staff officers...
  14. Mr Happy

Mr Happy LE Moderator

Speaking personally, I'd be quite chuffed if Delta were managing this. It would be like "wow, you see, you really are special - good for you". Or is that too patronising?
  15. Indeed, but I think you'd get more success with a sack full of cash and some Lebanese whores. It strikes me that the Iranians are claiming kidnap to 'demonstrate' US agression against them and portray themselves as victims in a continued attempt to galvanise the Middle East against the SPAMs. And to avoid the embarrassment of its military officers defecting.