Iranian students storm British Embassy

Dozens of hard-line Iranian students have stormed the British Embassy in Tehran, pulling down the British flag and throwing documents from windows.
The students clashed with anti-riot police and chanted 'the Embassy of Britain should be taken over' and 'death to England' as they stormed the building.
Today's incident comes two days after Iranian parliament approved a bill that reduces diplomatic relations with Britain following London's support of recently upgraded U.S. sanctions on Tehran.

Read more: BREAKING NEWS: Iranian students storm British Embassy in Tehran | Mail Online

Oh well... doubt we'll ever be going back there again anyway!

I think I'm right in saying that an Embassy is classed as Soverign soil.
The last time somebody invaded our patch, we sent a task force to sort them out. So all we need are a couple of carriers, some sea harriers and....

..... Oh wait...

Maybe we could send the outrage bus with a couple of blokes armed with shotguns and a strongly worded letter!

An email in a harsh font is probably as much as we can manage right now.

Getting their own back! How many were on the balcony?

Oh - that will be the British Embassy on Bobby Sands Street? Those Iranians - gosh they make me laugh. But we also have SSBNs.

Phew...Death to England...

Well I am nice and safe up here then, so I don't really care :)
sorry to be the one to break the news, but when foreign types say "England" they usually include it's retarded cousins.

sorry to be the one to break the news, but when foreign types say "England" they usually include it's retarded cousins.
That'll be the Welsh then,

as Scotland has enough immigrant retards giving up & moving south ;-)

I think I'm right in saying that an Embassy is classed as Soverign soil.
The last time somebody invaded our patch, we sent a task force to sort them out. So all we need are a couple of carriers, some sea harriers and....

..... Oh wait...

Maybe we could send the outrage bus with a couple of blokes armed with shotguns and a strongly worded letter!
Just send them a List of how many Ipods and Grey suits you'll be needing, saves time.

Dozens of hard-line Iranian students have stormed the British Embassy in Tehran, pulling down the British flag and throwing documents from windows.
The students clashed with anti-riot police and chanted 'the Embassy of Britain should be taken over' and 'death to England' as they stormed the building.
This sort of incident may become a trend for disaffected youth in the ME. Something similar happened to the Israeli embassy in Cairo a few months ago. Wherever next?

chrisg46

LE
Book Reviewer
You know, as soon as i saw this story on the news, i wondered who was the second student on the balcony.

Iran's government, which ordered this attack, seems to be betting that further diplomatic isolation will buy them time to complete their nuclear weapons program. Like North Korea, they are sacrificing too much for one tool of leverage in the world. Losing trade and investment from the West for ANOTHER generation - as the Iranian hostage crises in 1979 cost Iran so much - is simply too high a price to pay for a nation of 85 million people desparate for jobs - not for another long war.
Civil war in this case, a lot of Iranians dont want this kind of shite, ring fence the boarders and let them get on with it!!

FCO condemns 'unacceptable' security incident at British Embassy in Tehran
29 November 2011
Following the incursion by demonstrators into the UK's Embassy premises in Tehran, the Foreign Office said it expects the Iranian Government to act urgently to bring the situation under control.

Commenting today a Foreign Office spokesperson said:

"There has been a incursion by a significant number of demonstrators into our Embassy premises, including vandalism to our property.

"This is a fluid situation and details are still emerging.

"We are outraged by this. It is utterly unacceptable and we condemn it.

"Under international law , including the Vienna Convention, the Iranian Government have a clear duty to protect diplomats and Embassies in their country and expect them to act urgently to bring the situation under control and ensure the safety of our staff and security of our property."
FCO condemns 'unacceptable' security incident at British Embassy in Tehran