IRANIAN PRESIDENT TO VISIT AFGHANISTAN

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Skynet, Aug 13, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iranian President To Travel To Afghanistan, Central Asia

August 13, 2007 -- Iranian President Mahmud Ahmadinejad is scheduled to visit Kabul on August 14.

Iranian state media say Ahmadinejad is due to meet with his Afghan counterpart, Hamid Karzai, during his one-day visit.

The Iranian president is scheduled to travel on to Turkmenistan and Kyrgyzstan, where he is to attend a summit of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization (SCO).

The SCO summit will takes place in Bishkek on August 16.

2. I wonder who will provide the security for this visit!

3. I doubt he'll be worried. He's from one of the few nationalities in AFG the US Air Force hasn't bombed.

4. Don't any of you brits let loose with a stray round or three over there during his visit ::wink:: ::wink:: ::nudge:: ::nudge::

5. I'm sure he make a world of difference.

6. I'm sure the USAF can see itself into dropping a stray JDAM. Those bad suits he wears are just criminal.

7. Perhaps he could bring Arthur Batchelors IPod with him

8. Meh... it's already been reverse engineered and marketed as the IranPod... preloaded with approved music of course.

9. I do believe that the palace goldsmiths have made a diamond encrusted frame for it now attached to the top of the state throne.
    Known now as the 'I Peacock Pod' it commemorates Persia's great naval victory over some hapless British tourists who wandered aimlessly across Persia's sea borders and were given a ticket by a crack squad of Iranian sea borne traffic wardens in the year of our Lord 2003.

'The Telly Tubbies Greatest Hits ' is now played from it in the Great Hall on important state occasions.

10. Since the US claims to believe that Iran funds most of the insurgents in Iraq it must surely believe that he is relatively safe - not likely to get shot by his own terrorists is he.

What does the UK believe?

:study:

11. Iranians are responsible for the Tellytubbies? 8O WE MUST ERADICATE THIS THREAT!

12. No no, not the Tellytubbies. The copied versions, the Boobahs.

13. do you think he will get air miles and a goodie bag?

14. It's a golden opportunity to get some serious facetime with the man outside Iran.

It's not an ideal venue, but it's one that could be used.

15. What do you mean serious facetime? You fancy nipping over there and telling him to, 'go on and put ya mitts up' then pongo?