Iranian nuclear scientist awol in Saudi-US blamed

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HectortheInspector, Dec 9, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Edited for mongness

2. Kidnapped? Just as likely offered a massive bribe, new identity and US passport to spill his guts on what the Iraninas are up to.

3. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

Non story. Just like its a non story that Mossad will have more spies in Isfahan and Tehran than the CIA or we will have.

Anyway, 'detained' and 'rendered' are the wrong words. They should be replaced with the sentence 'spy panicked and was evacuated in fake kidnapping ruse'.

4. Well, he has been missing since June, so either 1) he hasn't paid his mess bills, and someone wants the cash, or 2) they want to drag the issue out into the public domain.
    Then the question comes down to defection or detention.
    If he's defected, the Iranians probably want confirmation, because then they can start panicking about just how long he was leaking to his handlers before he went over the fence.

If he's been detained, they want someone to own up, so that they can start making noises about getting him back before he talks too much.

If he's simply been done in and dropped into a hole in the desert, they presumably want to make a fuss so they can find the body, confirm what's happened and when.

If they carry on making a fuss, then we can presume that this guy was important to them.

5. Do what most Countries do, Blame the CIA

6. Maybe this Iranian geezer was sailing his camel a wee bit to close to Arabian deserts (ships of the desert).... and strayed into non-Iranian sands...... allegedly of course....

7. Are they like Latinas?

8. Bah. In my defence I do have a fractured arm, as opposed to my normal mong typing. :)