Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Iranian Nuclear Programme Suffers a Wee Glitch....

oi you lot as if it isn't enough my Iranian gf blaming me for it I come on here for a bit of escape and this all I get

The mods can vouch for my IP address I arrived in Blighty yesterday and have been busy boosting the local chippie's business, making up for four cancelled visits since February.
English Cod, chips and mushy peas - food of the gods!
Well who else would benefit from the early retirement of an iranian bomb maker? Apart from which hit men have to keep their hand in or risk going rusty.
As for fish'n chips, you lucky sod, I'm still stuck in Germania. However if and when I get back to UK I'll fill the car boot with tins of mushy peas and bake beans, might even take the Coleman cool box and fill up with frozen battered cod.
IP address proves nothing, I'm in Tel Aviv or so it seems.

Well who else would benefit from the early retirement of an iranian bomb maker? Apart from which hit men have to keep their hand in or risk going rusty.
As for fish'n chips, you lucky sod, I'm still stuck in Germania. However if and when I get back to UK I'll fill the car boot with tins of mushy peas and bake beans, might even take the Coleman cool box and fill up with frozen battered cod.

Should you gorge on the baked beans and mushy peas en route I just hope that you are travelling alone.

Stick to the fish and chips.
Everything else in your local chippy is probably made from horses and pigeons.

Which is pretty much why the British took to fish and chips and made it out national takeaway (up to the advent of yankee greaseburgers and chook).

You couldn't adulterate a piece of fried fish. It was either a piece of fish or it wasn't. It certainly wasn't horse, cat, dog or human.

We can thank @loofkar 's people/tribe for that as Jewish peddlers introduced fried fish to this country. Abe Lincoln wrote that he enjoyed some "Jewish fried fish" (I think that was before he was shot dead).

What's that you say? Some terrorists got offed. Wottashame. Fackem.

Which is pretty much why the British took to fish and chips and made it out national takeaway (up to the advent of yankee greaseburgers and chook).

You couldn't adulterate a piece of fried fish. It was either a piece of fish or it wasn't. It certainly wasn't horse, cat, dog or human.

We can thank @loofkar 's people/tribe for that as Jewish peddlers introduced fried fish to this country. Abe Lincoln wrote that he enjoyed some "Jewish fried fish" (I think that was before he was shot dead).

Now that you mention it, I remember reading somewhere that Lincoln enjoyed his food a lot more before he was killed.

Good point about not being able to adulterate fish (at least not until fish fingers were invented).

I read somewhere that the advent of the railways enabled the freshly landed catch to be swiftly transported to England's cities, making it more widely available and inexpensive.

MoleBath

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Crowds of Israeli mourners have gathered to express sympathy.

1606556142707.png

I can empathize with you, not only did Jerry lose the war but from what I've seen he doesn't have chippies either - only a chain called Nordsee, the Macdonalds of fishdom.

Last edited:
Crowds of Israeli mourners have gathered to express sympathy.

View attachment 524339

With a routine like that they could try for the X Factor (or whatever the current such offering is called).

Magic Grandpa on the judges panel could be helpful too, he would have to give them maximum points at every turn, as to do anything else would only be proof of his anti-Semitism.

I can empathize with you, not only did Jerry lose the war but from what I've seen he doesn't have chippies either - only something called Nordsee, the Macdonalds of fishdom.

There used to be an English style chippy opposite the front gate of Roberts Barracks in Oz.

All gone now.

I can empathize with you, not only did Jerry lose the war but from what I've seen he doesn't have chippies either - only a chain called Nordsee, the Macdonalds of fishdom.
But I live close to Belgium, home made fritten, chocolate, decent beer and FN. That's the closest you get to heaven on earth.
Jerry didn't lose the war, he just came second.

Hang on. If Jerry didn't have chippies just what was it the RAF was bombing in the last unpleasantness? I think we should be told.

Latest Threads