Iranian Naval ships enter Med

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by DesktopCommando, Feb 18, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Iranian naval ships enter the Med via Suez « Laaska News

Two Iranian naval ships sailed through Egypt’s Suez Canal into the Mediterranean on Thursday, a source in the canal authority said Friday, Reuters reported.

The destroyer and a supply ship could be on their way to the Syrian coast, the source added.

Iran and Syria agreed to cooperate on naval training a year ago.

2. For a second I thought the Iranian MOD_RSS started posting here as well.

• Like Like x 7
  3. And????

The only thing in your post that sparked any interest was the question why you chose a link to a Somali focussed blog as your source when the information is all over the global media like a sore rash!

Edited to add:
    Repeat of last year?
    BBC News - Iran warships sail via Suez Canal amid Israeli concern
    http://www.arrse.co.uk/current-affairs-news-analysis/158364-iran-taking-advantage.html

4. Guns

Guns LE Moderator Book Reviewer
    1. The Royal Navy

First Strike against the US, you heard it first here.

No wait, fresh intel. They are going to partner up with the Argies for a covert invasion of the FI. If only we could get Harriers in to the thread and we are on the Brucey Bonus Ball.

• Like Like x 1
  5. If only we hadn't got rid of the Harriers and Carriers, we would be laughing! Why did they have to go? Its REALLY dusty in here!

There you go... No charge.

6. How about this? Iran/ the U.S./ Argentina attack FI jointly. Hey, oil is oil, no matter where it is. Right?

All this Iranian sabre rattling is just to divert the attention. Also, the Iranians will get some covert support to run Iraq, since it's right next to them.

Yes, I am Tom Clancy, trying another angle.

7. I'm more concerned with a Afghan/Paki/Iranian allied attack on the Falklands. :wink:

Even if we had Ark Royal and the Harriers, who/where would we strike back?

Pakistan, Iran, Afghanistan vow to jointly counter UK militarism in the Malvinas

• Like Like x 1
  8. If it lets fly at Gib or sails up the Thames then I might take notice, but the chances of doing that before it breaks down are pretty slim I feel.

9. You talking about the RAF or the RN?

10. I would have thought an Iranian/Pakistani/Afghan (do they have ships?) fleet on route to FI would be easily spotted and dealt with by a sub - unless they all claim to be boat people looking for a better life living off sheep and whale meat.

11. Well the RAF have to have an airframe and the Navy need to mobilise the fleet pedalo.