Iranian Missiles now able to reach European Capital Cities

I read with trepidation that Iranian missiles can now reach some European capitals after receiving Russian help It seems they have brokered a deal between Iran and North Korea. Strange as it also puts Moscow well in range?

Edited to correct a spelling mistake, I must remember, I before E except after C, sometimes I'm just plain dumb!

VerminWA said:
I read with trepidation that Iranian missiles can now reach some European capitals after recieving Russian help It seems they have brokered a deal between Iran and North Korea. Strange as it also puts Moscow well in range?
Probably you mean this article

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...16.xml&sSheet=/news/2005/10/16/ixnewstop.html

Former members of the Russian military have been secretly helping Iran to acquire technology needed to produce missiles capable of striking European capitals.
Western intelligence officials believe that the technology will enable Iran to complete development of a missile with a range of 2,200 miles
I suspect that namely 'Western intelligence officials' believe that 'former members of the Russian military have been secretly helping Iran'. They probably haven't information and only 'believe'. They also believed that there were WMD in Iraq.

Unnamed 'senior American official said'

"I think Putin knows what the Iranians are doing."
So simply ask mr.Putin.

Iran is believed to be hiding its weapons development behind its nuclear power programme, for which it receives Russian support, and has refused to suspend uranium enrichment or to allow full UN inspections.
Again 'is believed'.

There is nothing concrete in this article. Only belief, suggestions and suppositions.

Of course there's nothing concrete, I was more interested in the fact that if this were true it puts Moscow well within range too.

maninblack

LE
Book Reviewer
I have firm "evidence" from "they" that these are of a similar design to the famous intercontinental ballistic missiles that Saddam secretly developed; in fact, come to think of it Hans Blix failed to track these well known missiles down, in spite of all the proof submitted by those bastions of truth, Messers Blair and Bush.

I think we may determine that these are the same missiles that have merely been snuck across the border.

maninblack said:
I think we may determine that these are the same missiles that have merely been snuck across the border.
Or maybe it's the same intelligence half-truth being regurgitated with a subtle change from Q to N (Iraq - Iran).

Yeah, right.
Sounds to much like the "verbals" they used before Gulf War II(This Time It's Personnal).
I do not, of course, trust the Iranians with nuclear weapons. In fact, I wouldn't trust the cammel-fcukers with a Swiss Army knife. But all of this just sounds way too familiar.

Ahhhhhh Con Coughlin,

Thought I'd heard the name before.

Remember this little gem?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ml&sSheet=/portal/2003/12/07/ixportaltop.html

Revealed: the Iraqi colonel who told MI6 that Saddam could launch WMD within 45 minutes
By Con Coughlin

(Filed: 07/12/2003)

An Iraqi colonel who commanded a front-line unit during the build-up to the war in Iraq has revealed how he passed top secret information to British intelligence warning that Saddam Hussein had deployed weapons of mass destruction that could be used on the battlefield against coalition troops in less than 45 minutes.

Con's *cough* concern with Iran goes back some way too

http://www.fas.org/news/iran/1996/

Iranian ayatollahs building chemical arsenal By Con Coughlin, Chief Foreign Correspondent Electronic Telegraph Sunday 13 October 1996 "... following an exhaustive intelligence gathering operation by a number of Western agencies, experts believe Iran is now on the verge of producing deadly nerve agents such as sarin and VX, which will greatly enhance the ayatollahs' ability to threaten the region. As a result of the considerable technical and material help Iran has received from a number of foreign countries - China, in particular - Western experts believe Teheran will be able to produce these nerve agents in industrial quantities within 12 months."
There was also something I remember, though I may be wrong, about him having to select emergency crash reverse over some story of Ghaddafi deciding to print some funny money, or was it linking Saddam with terrorist leaders? Not sure which, my memories going in my doteage.

The missile story was treated with contempt the first time around by most of the uniformed personnel I knew - I worked in a major headquarters where most people were particularly well-informed with regard to such matters. The notion that Saddam could have launched WMD capable missiles at Cyprus was laughably pathetic. This fiction is equally risible.

I wonder why mr.Coughlin hasn't found WMD in Saudi Arabia?

http://www.modoracle.com/

George Bush told Tony Blair shortly before the invasion of Iraq that he intended to target other countries, including Saudi Arabia, which, he implied, planned to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

Mr Bush said he "wanted to go beyond Iraq in dealing with WMD proliferation, mentioning in particular Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea, and Pakistan," according to a note of a telephone conversation between the two men on January 30 2003.

PartTimePongo said:
Ahhhhhh Con Coughlin,

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/mai...ml&sSheet=/portal/2003/12/07/ixportaltop.html

There was also something I remember, though I may be wrong, about him having to select emergency crash reverse over some story of Ghaddafi deciding to print some funny money, or was it linking Saddam with terrorist leaders? Not sure which, my memories going in my doteage.
I actually feel for Coughlin, it's come to a stage where you just can't believe a word he writes.

But you are actually spot on with the two examples: -

On the 'fake money' story, Coughlin actually accused Gaddafi's son Saif of being involved in the plot. Saif Gaddafi sued the paper for libel and won.

Libel Story

The Saddam and the terrorist stories: Could it be the Mohammed Atta and Saddam story? Even Ahmed Chalabi and the INC dismissed that story. Otherwise, it could be any one of a number of stories linking Saddam to AQ. Examples of these stories include the Coughlin exclusives that: 'Saddam killed Abu Nidal because he refused to train AQ' and 'Abu Nidal did indeed personally train Mohammed Atta '. 8O

MrPVRd said:
The missile story was treated with contempt the first time around by most of the uniformed personnel I knew - I worked in a major headquarters where most people were particularly well-informed with regard to such matters. The notion that Saddam could have launched WMD capable missiles at Cyprus was laughably pathetic. This fiction is equally risible.
But it must be true, they all got medals :lol:

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
KGB_resident said:
I wonder why mr.Coughlin hasn't found WMD in Saudi Arabia?

http://www.modoracle.com/

George Bush told Tony Blair shortly before the invasion of Iraq that he intended to target other countries, including Saudi Arabia, which, he implied, planned to acquire weapons of mass destruction.

Mr Bush said he "wanted to go beyond Iraq in dealing with WMD proliferation, mentioning in particular Saudi Arabia, Iran, North Korea, and Pakistan," according to a note of a telephone conversation between the two men on January 30 2003.
or indeed at a place called Dimona....... http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/892941.stm

Israel 'may have 200 nuclear weapons'

Israel's top secret Dimona nuclear facility

New satellite photographs published on the internet indicate that Israel could have made enough plutonium for up to 200 nuclear weapons, US scientists say.
The photographs of the secret Israeli nuclear facility at Dimona in the Negev desert appear on the website of the Federation of American Scientists (FAS).

The new images were obtained last month by Space Imaging Corporation's Ikonos satellite.
Le Chevre

Goatman

ADC
Book Reviewer
castlereagh said:
PartTimePongo said:
Ahhhhhh Con Coughlin,

I actually feel for Coughlin, it's come to a stage where you just can't believe a word he writes.

But you are actually spot on with the two examples: -

On the 'fake money' story, Coughlin actually accused Gaddafi's son Saif of being involved in the plot. Saif Gaddafi sued the paper for libel and won.

Libel Story

The Saddam and the terrorist stories: Could it be the Mohammed Atta and Saddam story? Even Ahmed Chalabi and the INC dismissed that story. Otherwise, it could be any one of a number of stories linking Saddam to AQ. Examples of these stories include the Coughlin exclusives that: 'Saddam killed Abu Nidal because he refused to train AQ' and 'Abu Nidal did indeed personally train Mohammed Atta '. 8O
I say Castlereagh....I think we have a potential second nominee for the 'UP ITS OWN ARRSE ' Press award -
cf http://www.arrse.co.uk/cpgn2/Forums/viewtopic/t=23891.html

Perhaps someone might nominate Mister Coughlin for his out put ? :D

Le Chevre