Iranian missile architect dies in blast. But was explosion a Mossad mission?

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by cavemandave, Nov 14, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The blast at the Alghadir missile base at Bid Ganeh was so powerful it rattled windows 30 miles away in Tehran. Witnesses said it sounded like a huge bomb had been dropped. Seventeen of Iran's elite Revolutionary Guards were killed, among them a man described his peers as the "architect" of the country's missile programme, Major General Hassan Moghaddam.

The dead were buried with full state honours yesterday, and in a reflection of the extent of Iran's loss, the funeral was attended by the Supreme Leader, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei. The official account insisted the blast was an accident, but a source with close links to Iran's clerical regime blamed it on an operation by the Mossad, bolstering other reports of involvement by Israel's intelligence and special operations organisation that were attributed to western intelligence services.

If true, the blast would mark a dramatic escalation in a shadow war over the Iranian nuclear programme.

Iranian missile architect dies in blast. But was explosion a Mossad mission? | World news | The Guardian

2. It would suit both sides to "credit" Mossad, accident or not.....

• Like Like x 1
  3. Not that rocket fuels are explosive or anything....

4. RIP

(Rest In Pieces).

5. I bet I know the colour of his eyes.... had to be blue.

Yanno, one blue that way the other blue this way?

Check Please....

• Like Like x 1
  6. Why is it, than whenever a bomb goes off in a nation of bombmaking lunatics, it has to have been MOSSAD?

7. [​IMG]

I think you had a hat too when you came in? :?

8. Who are you calling "bomb making lunatics" ?

9. Perhaps the Israelis have a secret weapon, some sort of stealth cruise missile, a sort of flying bagel hidden behind an invisible foreskin!

10. Push it out a bit, your attention span that is, this is all about an explosion in Iran. Not Iran Tennessee and not iran New Jersey, the other one.

11. Bit embarrasing for the Iranians.

Much better for them to 'foil' a MOSSAD plot than suffer a successful one.

12. We've already been over this on one of Israel Götterdämmerung threads, latest I read is the Iranians have stopped pretending it was an accident.

13. Nice. Almost as good as my, "Red Sea Pedestrian's Ragnarok".:biggrin: