Iranian Freebies

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by wireless_barf, Apr 5, 2007.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hopefully not gonna fall fowl of the opsec/persec rules her - mods feel free to beast me thoroughly with a pointy stick if so

im just sooo curious as to just WTF the Iranians have given our chaps inthose free carpet bags? on the beeb website theres some pictures but appart from what look like brochures for the ayatollahs version of Butlins and some CDs (presumably of digitally remastered koran readings), i just cant think of anything that could be in there!
  2. OldSnowy

OldSnowy LE Moderator Book Reviewer

Perhaps their Uniforms? They were wearing the Persian Version of a demob suit when filmed at their leaving do. Best bri-nylon/polyester mix, top stuff.
  3. Well done the 15 guys and the gal! - and welcome home!

Thanks Iran, so much better to send home the innocent and concentrate on the guilty. (Probably get the topic 'pulled' now as we all know who the guilty b*stard is!).
  4. Map and compass, and a copy of travel Scrabble ready for when they stray again! Oh, and probably a medal or two in recognition of their bravery for working under Bliar's Gubment.
  5. Very sickly sweetmeats, probably, far more cloying than Turkish Delight. Traditional Persian New Year gift. Hope it didn't melt on their uniforms. Those demob suits would be OK, though.
  6. Looked like something Borat would be pleased to wear.

7. Reckon the suits will be recycled to my old organisation?
  8. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

Fourteen suits of dubious persuasion [possibly OK for RN ratings] and the lady gets a denim jacket.

And ... apparently [breaking 'news'] they all got 'goody bags' on departure as well. Hopefully the debrief will reveal the delights therein.
  9. Apparantly it was Easter Eggs with an updated OS map inside.

10. And they get 2 boats, plus equipment and small arms, not a bad trade.
    but all returned home hopfuly fit and well.
  11. MS_Rep

MS_Rep RIP a free SIM update for all jolly jack satnavs as clearly we cant afford to purchase :roll:
  12. In each bag was an Iranian top 20 CD. Included were the following tracks:

Rock the boat (Don't rock the boat, Mahmoud)
    Gonna make you a Shah
    Ark Life by Blair
    Bridge over troubled Iraqi Waters
    Persia Momma Gone - Persia Momma Gone? Far, far away
    Don't go breaking my hearts and minds

13. Very Original :D
    :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
  14. Anyone seen if there's 14 grey suits and a blue headscarf on ebay yet?