• This is a stand-to for an incoming competition, one of our most expensive yet.
    Later this week we're going to be offering the opportunity to Win £270 Rab Neutrino Pro military down jacket
    Visit the thread at that link above and Watch it to be notified as soon as the competition goes live

Iranian Freebies

hopefully not gonna fall fowl of the opsec/persec rules her - mods feel free to beast me thoroughly with a pointy stick if so

im just sooo curious as to just WTF the Iranians have given our chaps inthose free carpet bags? on the beeb website theres some pictures but appart from what look like brochures for the ayatollahs version of Butlins and some CDs (presumably of digitally remastered koran readings), i just cant think of anything that could be in there!

OldSnowy

LE
Book Reviewer
Perhaps their Uniforms? They were wearing the Persian Version of a demob suit when filmed at their leaving do. Best bri-nylon/polyester mix, top stuff.

Well done the 15 guys and the gal! - and welcome home!

Thanks Iran, so much better to send home the innocent and concentrate on the guilty. (Probably get the topic 'pulled' now as we all know who the guilty b*stard is!).

Map and compass, and a copy of travel Scrabble ready for when they stray again! Oh, and probably a medal or two in recognition of their bravery for working under Bliar's Gubment.

Very sickly sweetmeats, probably, far more cloying than Turkish Delight. Traditional Persian New Year gift. Hope it didn't melt on their uniforms. Those demob suits would be OK, though.

OldSnowy said:
Perhaps their Uniforms? They were wearing the Persian Version of a demob suit when filmed at their leaving do. Best bri-nylon/polyester mix, top stuff.
Looked like something Borat would be pleased to wear.

Sparky

Fourteen suits of dubious persuasion [possibly OK for RN ratings] and the lady gets a denim jacket.

And ... apparently [breaking 'news'] they all got 'goody bags' on departure as well. Hopefully the debrief will reveal the delights therein.

Apparantly it was Easter Eggs with an updated OS map inside.

BT.

Brew_Time said:
Apparantly it was Easter Eggs with an updated OS map inside.

BT.
..plus a free SIM update for all jolly jack satnavs as clearly we cant afford to purchase :roll:

In each bag was an Iranian top 20 CD. Included were the following tracks:

Rock the boat (Don't rock the boat, Mahmoud)
Gonna make you a Shah
Ark Life by Blair
Bridge over troubled Iraqi Waters
Persia Momma Gone - Persia Momma Gone? Far, far away
Don't go breaking my hearts and minds

frenchperson said:

Gonna make you a Shah
Ark Life by Blair

Very Original :D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

No suits, but 15 original persian carpet bags, full of jewells and gems I tells yer, jewells loads of em I'm rich beyond my wildest dreams arrrrr! err what? in the ships hospitality book? Bugger! :(

semper said:
frenchperson said:

Gonna make you a Shah
Ark Life by Blair

Very Original :D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Also included on the CD were:

Staying Alive
Da Tehran ran ran, Da Tehran ran
Nut Bush dinghy limits
I got you babe – Sunni and Shia
Ain't gonna bop no more with no big Fatwah man

Whatever was in them, it wasn't whiskey and wnakmags.

OR in that bag.. How about the 'SBS' Survival handbook, on... 'How to survive when your daft Captain concludes that all remf ships hands should go out and about on a jolly inspecting vessels in disputed waters because morale is low the guys/gals are bored.. And hey... whats the worst that can happen....' A classic read....

It was probably a 'death pack' bag meal iranian halal style for the flight home and in true style no fcucker ate it.

At least if it was halal there was no fcuking spam