Iranian court orders "eye for an eye"...

Discussion in 'The Intelligence Cell' started by jim30, Nov 28, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Got to admit there are a few chav scum here who would benefit from such a punishment.

From BBC news

Court orders Iranian man blinded

A court in Iran has ruled that a man who blinded a woman with acid after she spurned his marriage proposals will also be blinded with acid.

The ruling was reported in Iranian newspapers on Thursday.

The punishment is legal under the Islamic Sharia code of qias or equivalence, which allows retribution for violent crimes.

The court also ordered the attacker, 27-year-old Majid Movahedi, to pay compensation to the victim.

The acid attack took place in 2004. The victim, Ameneh Bahrami, went to Spain for surgery to reconstruct her face but efforts to restore her sight failed.

The ruling was a response to her plea to the court in the Iranian capital Tehran for retribution.

"Ever since I was subject to acid being thrown on my face, I have a constant feeling of being in danger," she told the court.

Ms Bahrami also said that Movahedi had also threatened to kill her
  2. Makes our plans to make the offender "say sorry" a wee bit lame!
  4. Command_doh

Command_doh LE Book Reviewer

They can afford to discount 'Human Rights' though, can't they?

I remembe that it was only a few months ago that the Iranian Secret Police were dragging women off of the streets to jail for 'Indecency'. They had the gall to wear 'stylish' and 'trendy' hijabs, one's that co - ordinated with their Western labelled clothing.
  5. You cannot say they get it right all the time but I really do like the "eye for an eye" no fukin about Justice!
  6. maybe sharia law isn't so bad after all
  7. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Learned your lesson? Yep? Good!

Do it again will you? No? Good!

Victim feel a whole lot better? Yep? Great!

She scared of you anymore? Nope? Fab!

Cack on, justice done.
  8. What a fab world it would be if we could do the same :)
  9. Hmm... you know, not that I am sadistic in any fashion but there are times I wish consequences for violent anti-social behavior here in the States were as effective. Not much recitivism there in Iran that's for certain.
  10. You have to wonder why they need such harsh penalties, perhaps the "Religion of Peace" isn't quite all it's cracked up to be. If you have to stone, hang or blind people in order to register your disapproval of their actions you may perhaps just be a homicidal maniac.
  11. Sounds like the implementation of an effective deterrent.
  12. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

Indeed, a just and fitting punishment, retribution AND deterrent in one easy application (to the face).
  13. She dodnt have any rights when it happened to her, believe me I am sure all those this year who kill whilst drunk driving, should also be killed, perhaps not by the same means but an eye for an eye would clearly stamp its mark